Unrulies shortlisted for Women in Software Power List 2019!
A huge congratulations to our Software Developer, Sarah Young, and our UnrulyEQ Projects Director, Kiran Uppal, who have both been shortlisted for Makers Academy’s ‘Women in Software Power List 2019‘!
So what’s this Power List all about?
The award celebrates women who have:
- Mastered a wealth of new skills and grown professionally in a short space of time
- Overcome challenges to break into the tech industry
- Overcome challenges and found their calling in the tech industry
- Want to inspire other women to do the same
- Learnt to make an impact in a male-dominated industry
- Actively encouraged more women to get into tech
This is going to be an astonishing list of women in tech, and getting shortlisted is a massive recognition of Kiran and Sarah’s achievements!
Projects like this are really important. According to the 2018 Tech Nation Report. In 2017, female programmers and software developers made up only 3.9% of tech and telco professionals in the UK — down from 10% in 2007.
The final list will be announced on 8 May, and we wish all the nominees the best of luck! Find out more about the awards here.