Unruly’s Jess King ‘thrilled’ to advise Brand Safety Institute’s new curriculum
The Brand Safety Institute (BSI) recently named Unruly’s Jess King as one of the industry leaders chosen as founding members of the BSI Editorial Board. The board will help design the brand safety curriculum for BSI’s accreditation program for corporate executives.
In the Unrulyverse, King is Senior Product Manager and heads up the dedicated brand safety team behind UnrulyX Shield.
Talking about her appointment, King said: “I am thrilled to be joining the BSI Editorial Board as a founding member alongside a group of incredible industry experts. I am excited to see how we can work together to help design the BSI brand safety curriculum and accelerate how we share knowledge and expertise.”
The BSI editorial board includes senior executives focusing on brand safety and related issues from top trade associations – including the 4A’s, IAB UK, IAB Tech Lab, ISBA, JICWEBS, and TAG – and companies – including Bank of America, Facebook, IPG Mediabrands, GroupM… and Unruly!
“If you want to establish a rigorous standard for brand safety knowledge and expertise, you need to consult with the industry leaders who have set the bar on those issues,” said Neal Thurman, Co-Founder of BSI. “We are delighted to welcome a powerhouse panel of brand safety experts from across the digital advertising space to help us design a robust, impactful, and forward-thinking brand safety curriculum. Working together, we can give brand safety executives the information and tools they need to protect their brands – and our ecosystem – from the growing range of brand safety threats.”
The full BSI Editorial Board includes:
- Joe Barone, Managing Partner, Digital Ad Operations, GroupM North America
- Rob Beeler, Chairman, AdMonsters
- Alyssa Bergman, VP & Chief Privacy Officer, Adobe
- Jason Bier, EVP, Chief Data & Privacy Officer, Engine Group
- Dennis Buchheim, SVP & GM, IAB Tech Lab
- Steve Chester, Director of Media, ISBA
- Scott Cunningham, Founder, Cunningham.Tech
- Christine Desrosiers, Director, Revenue Systems & Programmatic, BabyCenter
- John Devine, Head of Global Operations, Facebook
- Richard Foan, Executive Chairman, JICWEBS
- Rachel Glasser, Chief Privacy Officer, Wunderman
- Stacey Hultgren, Senior Manager, Ad Quality Measurement, Pandora
- Louis Jones, EVP, Media & Data, 4A’s
- Jessica King, Senior Product Manager, Unruly
- Joshua Lowcock, EVP, Chief Digital & Innovation Officer, UM (part of IPG Mediabrands)
- Jon Mew, CEO, IAB UK
- Jessica Morel, VP, Global Marketing, Oracle Data Cloud
- John Murphy, VP, Marketplace Quality, OpenX
- Richard Murphy, EVP, BPA Worldwide
- Terri Schriver, SVP, Enterprise Media, Bank of America
- Rachel Nyswander Thomas – Chair of BSI Editorial Board – SVP, Operations & Policy, Trustworthy Accountability Group
- Sal Tripi, AVP, Digital Operations & Compliance, Publishers Clearing House
- Kyle Turner, Senior Manager, Inventory Quality, MediaMath
- Eric Warburton, VP, Ad Operations, Horizon Media
- Oliver von Wersch, Founder & CEO, vonwerschpartner Digital Strategies
The Brand Safety Institute was founded to professionalise and advance the executive capacity needed at every company to protect their brands through research, accreditation, networking, and education. By accrediting Brand Safety Officers and providing them with relevant information, expertise, and connections, the Brand Safety Institute aims to help a community of brand leaders safeguard both their own brands and the broader digital advertising supply chain.