Unruly Launches Tool Which Tracks Emotional Trends Of Indian Video Advertising
- Unruly Pulse™ provides marketers with comparative, data-driven insight into the cultural, seasonal and demographic drivers of video engagement
- Data finds that Indian audiences are the most likely to buy a product after watching a video ad, with a reported purchase intent of 69%
MUMBAI / NEW DELHI – Friday, January 13, 2017 – Indian consumers are the most likely to purchase a product after watching a video ad.
That’s according to data from Unruly Pulse™ – a new analytics engine launched in India today by video ad tech company Unruly which provides unique insight into the emotional trends of video advertising. The data shows that after watching video ads, purchase intent among Indian audiences is the highest in the world at 69% – more than double the UK rate of 30%.
Unruly Pulse also reveals Indian viewers are more than twice (154%) as likely to feel happy when watching an ad than the rest of the world.
Unruly Pulse data is derived from 1 million consumer responses, showing marketers which emotions drive consumer engagement with ads across different demographic segments, cultural events, times of the year and industry sectors. Advertisers can also access the emotional footprints and brand analysis for individual ads and compare performance against benchmarks in their sector and market.
Vijay Kunduri, Unruly’s Commercial Director for ASEAN and India, said: “Unruly is committed to bringing emotional intelligence to digital advertising because emotional advertising delivers better campaign metrics, better brand performance and ultimately better business results. Unruly Pulse helps advertisers to power up their video strategy at the outset. By being able to identify and quantify the key drivers of consumer engagement, marketers will have a better understanding of what works for their audience and why.”
Academic and industry studies over the last decade have repeatedly demonstrated the powerful effects of emotional advertising on a variety of brand and business metrics, including increased brand favorability, purchase intent and earned media.
Insights compiled using Unruly Pulse include:
- Indian audiences are 82% more likely to have an intense emotional reaction to an ad than the rest of the world;
- Indian audiences are twice as likely (103%) to talk about ads after watching them than the global average;
- Indian audiences have similar emotional footprints to audiences in the US and South-East Asia when it comes to watching ads – happiness, inspiration and amazement being the top three responses. The prevalence of all three emotions is far higher in India, with 28% of Indian consumers feeling happiness, versus 17% of South-East Asian consumers and 15% of US consumers;
- The most shared APAC ad of 2016, Ariel’s ‘Share The Load’, was the ad which attracted the most intense emotional reactions from Indian women. For men in India it was Google’s ‘#PledgeToVote with Mr Shyam Negi’;
- Indian advertisers are failing to make people laugh, with hilarity being one of the least common emotions worldwide, felt by 4% of respondents, and only 2% of Indian consumers.
Methodology: Unruly Pulse is powered by Unruly’s unique, first-party data on emotional advertising. It visualises data from a million consumer responses across thousands of videos.
Using Unruly Pulse, advertisers can:
- Make data-driven decisions to drive purchase intent and brand metrics;
- Track how emotions seasonally ebb and flow over time;
- Find out what motivates viewers to share a piece of content;
- Identify the emotional profiles of best-in-class content ;
- Dissect trends by sector, geo & demo;
- Optimize distribution for maximum impact among their target segment.
Pricing and availability: The dashboard is currently available across the UK, US, France, Germany, Nordics, Australia, South-East Asia and India. To find out more about the dashboard, please click here.
UNRULY, UNRULY PULSE and logos and associated marks are trademarks of Unruly Group. Other marks are owned by their respective owners.
Unruly gets videos seen, shared and loved across the open web for brands that want to move people, not just reach people.By bringing emotional intelligence to digital advertising, we help 91% of Ad Age 100 brands inform and inspire 1.44bn people around the world, using polite outstream formats on sites that people love. UnrulyX, the viewable video SSP, creates better ad experiences for consumers, improved brand outcomes for advertisers and increased revenues for top-flight publishers.
Emotion matters in marketing. Emotion creates values and sets preferences. Inspires action. Drives sales. Unruly has a decade’s data of consumer responses to video and uses that to hone content, model audiences and deploy ad dollars in ways that heighten emotional response and maximise brand impact. Unruly was founded in 2006 and acquired by News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) in 2015. With 300 Unrulies across 20 locations worldwide, our super power is emotional intelligence and our secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow.