Leading programmatic platform for social video advertising partners with Dubai-based Future Tech Media to help advertisers reach and engage consumers across the Open Web
February 17th, 2015 – Video ad tech company Unruly is continuing its rapid global growth with expansion into the Middle East. The leading programmatic platform for social video advertising has partnered with Dubai-based Future Tech Media to give advertisers across the region access to Unruly’s industry-leading video solutions.
Future Tech Media will become the official reseller across KSA and UAE for Unruly’s product set, helping ROI-driven marketers benefit from Unruly’s data-driven expertise, native video ad formats and mobile video SSP UnrulyX™.
With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube (source: comScore), 84% of Ad Age 100 brands trust Unruly’s proprietary video stack to reach and engage custom audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Oliver Smith, Unruly’s EMEA MD, said: “We have been deploying our unique data and proprietary technology to activate campaigns across the Middle East since 2009 and I’m delighted that Future Tech Media will now help us accelerate that growth.
“There is a huge appetite for social video across the region, with viewers far more likely than the global average to engage with video content. According to data from hundreds of campaigns we’ve run across the Middle East, share rates (1.3%) and clickthrough rates (13.1%) are three times higher than the global average (0.5% and 4.9% respectively).
“We are really excited about this partnership and expanding our offering in a market where digital ad spend is expected to increase 37% every year to reach $1B by 2017.”
Other video stats from the region include:
- Viewers in the Middle-East are more likely to share videos on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit and StumbleUpon than the global average. They are less likely to use Google+ and Pinterest;
- Facebook is the top platform for video sharing, with 53.6% of shares occurring on the social network. The global average is 50.8%. Twitter is the second most popular, accounting for 13.1% of shares (global average: 12.0%). However, while Google+ is the third most popular globally, attracting 9.8% of video shares, it only accounts for 7.6% of video shares across the Middle-East region. Instead, Tumblr (8.9%) is more popular in the Middle East.
Future Tech Media MD, Boye Balogun, said: “Brands cannot just publish a video and hope for the best – with 300 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute alone, there is too much competition for viewers’ attention. Unruly’s product set offers the perfect solution, providing a scientific, data-driven approach to online video content and programmatic distribution that is both repeatable and scalable.”
Founded in 2006, Unruly now has 14 offices across the world, including New York, San Francisco, London, Paris and Singapore.
Unruly’s key products include:
- Unruly Activate™: Leading programmatic video platform, powered by UnrulyX, the first supply side platform (SSP) to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB – at massive scale, with the utmost safety. Formats include:
- Unruly In-Stream™: a skippable pre-roll format, which puts the viewer in control and gives advertisers cost-efficient reach at speed and scale;
- Unruly In-Feed™: the first ad format to deliver native video ads at scale across mobile newsfeeds;
- Unruly In-Page™: A click-to-play, user-initiated format which maximises viewer engagement.
- Unruly ShareRank™: Allows advertisers to maximize the social impact of their video content by evaluating, improving and predicting the viral potential of video ads.
UNRULY, UNRULY ACTIVATE, UNRULYX, UNRULY SHARERANK and associated logos, designs and other marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Unruly Group Limited in the United Kingdom, the United States of America and elsewhere. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners.
We are Unruly
Video ad tech company Unruly is the leading programmatic platform for social video advertising, powered by UnrulyX, the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 84% of Ad Age 100 brands trust Unruly’s proprietary video stack to reach and engage custom audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set comprising 1.3 trillion video views and analyzing 116 million shares per day, Unruly algorithmically predicts content shareability and programmatically targets custom audiences across video, mobile and native ad formats, with guaranteed viewability and brand safety across mobile, tablet and desktop devices to an audience of 1.27 billion monthly unique users.
Unruly employs 190 people across 14 offices in 11 countries, with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore. As well as a number of accolades recognizing its technical innovation and product quality (Digiday, Sunday Times, Braves), the company has won ‘Best Companies to Work For’ (Sunday Times), ‘Best Digital Ad Ops Team’ (AOP) and has been named as the UK’s #2 Fastest Growing Tech Company (Deloitte).
Its super power is unique data. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow. Find out more at www.unruly2018.staging.wpengine.com.