The Most Shared Video Ads Of 2015 (So Far)
An ad for Disney Parks is the most shared ad of the year so far. “Disney Characters Surprise Shoppers”, an ad campaign in which unsuspecting mall shoppers are pranked by Disney characters, so far leads the race to be the most shared ad of the year after amassing more than 3.7 million shares since it was launched in February. It’s also the 9th most shared ad of all time.
The ad also highlights a trend of animals, in particular dogs (counting Disney’s Goofy as one), playing key roles in the most shared ads of 2015 list. In addition to the top spot, Purina at no. 3, Budweiser at no. 5, Kleenex at no. 9 and Android at no. 11 all use man’s best friend to tell their brand stories.
The list also sees two videos from the 2015 Super Bowl: Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” (#5) and Supercell’s “Clash of Clans” (#10).
There are also a number of PSAs in the top 12. The Ad Council shared stories of diversity & inclusion, Fanpage.it aimed to eliminate domestic violence and Microsoft, with a little help from Iron Man, brought a young boy a prosthetic arm.
Samsung Mobile also jumped on the IronMan/Avengers bandwagon with its ad for the Galaxy6 Edge, introducing an Avengers-themed smartphone for all the “superheroes among us”.
Netflix’s top trailer for its hit series Orange Is the New Black made it to the list at no. 8 as part of a multi-pronged video promotion leading up to the launch of the popular prison drama’s third season.
Here is the full list of the top shared ads of the year so far. The chart is ranked by the number of shares ads released in 2015 have generated across social media and does not include movie trailers.
Most shared ads of 2015 so far:
12. Samsung Mobile: “Galaxy S6 edge Iron Man Limited Edition: Official Unboxing ”
11. Android: “Friends Furever”
10. Red Nose Day: “Coldplay’s Game of Thrones: The Musical”
9. Supercell: “Clash of Clans: Revenge”
8. Kleenex: “Unlikely Best Friends”
7. Netflix: “Orange Is The New Black Season 3 Trailer”
6. Microsoft Collective Project Agency: “Robert Downey Jr. Delivers a Real Bionic Arm”
5. Fanpage.ie: “Slap Her”
4. Budweiser; “Lost Dog”
3. The Ad Council: “Love Has No Labels”
2. Purina: “Puppyhood”
1. Disney Parks: “Disney Characters Surprise Shoppers”
[pardot-form id=”4616″ title=”Trending Content Sign Up”]