Publishers participating in the Unruly’s Publisher Network are required to adhere and comply fully with these network policies. We ask that you read these policies carefully and refer to this document often. Unruly reserves the right to modify or amend these Network Policies at any time by posting modifications or amendments (including in the form of a restatement if appropriate). It is Publisher’s responsibility to keep up to date with the policies posted here. We also refer you to the Publisher Terms & Conditions and the Unruly Player License Agreement. These Network Policies apply to any sites you display Unruly-supplied video content or placements on. Please note that you are required to register all such sites in your account area and the participation of such sites in the Unruly Publisher Network may depend upon Unruly approving each such site in advance or from time to time. The site or sites that are so authorized to participate in the Publisher Network are referred to in these Network Policies as “Publisher’s Site(s).”
General Guidelines Regarding Media Placement.
Unruly offers a number of media formats. Publishers are encouraged to experiment with a variety of placements, provided the following policies are respected:
- Up to three media units may be displayed on each page.
- No placements may be displayed in a pop-up, pop-under or in an email.
- No elements on the page may obscure any portion of the placements or redirect users to unwanted sites, modify browser settings, or otherwise adversely interfere with user navigation.
- No placements on non-content-based pages, or pages of sites that do not match the domains registered in Publisher’s Account Area for the Publisher’s Site(s), or pages of sites that have been disapproved or rejected by Unruly.
- No media units may be triggered by or otherwise integrated into any adware, toolbars, add-ons, browser-plug-ins or similar software applications.
- Neither the Unruly Media Player nor any Unruly-supplied video content may be altered. Unruly-supplied code must be pasted directly into web pages without modification and without changing in any manner the behaviour, targeting or delivery of the placements.
- Publisher assumes responsibility for insuring, at its own expense, that Publisher’s Site(s) operate the Unruly Media Player compatibly and that any and all Unruly-supplied video content display correctly. Unruly has no obligation to notify you even if it should become aware that Unruly-supplied video content is not being displayed properly to end users of Publisher’s Site(s).
- Publisher is solely responsible for Publisher’s Site(s).
As the registered Publisher, you will be held responsible for all Publisher’s Site(s), irrespective of whether you actually own and/or operate them. Accordingly you will be solely responsible that the Publisher’s Site(s) in such manner as to fully comply with all of the following requirements:
- No material on any Publisher’s Site(s) may infringe, violate, or misappropriate the copyrights, trademarks, privacy, publicity, trade secret, or other intellectual property, proprietary or other rights of any kind of any person or entity (including Unruly and its clients).
- Each Publisher’s Site makes all disclosures about being paid by sponsors to the extent customary in the industry and otherwise as required by any applicable laws.
For example, you may disclose the sponsorship of your Site by display of certain Distributed Content by including a statement “Sponsored by ______” where the blank is completed with the brand of the client whose video advertising content is being displayed. You should never indicate that any content is sponsored by Unruly or any of its affiliates.)
Publisher’s Site(s) may not display or include any of the following types of prohibited content:
- Violent content, racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation
- Pornography, nudity, adult or mature content
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Excessive profanity
- Facilitation or promotion of illegal file sharing
- Sales or promotion of weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales or promotion of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales or promotion of prescription drugs
- Sales or promotion of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods
- Sales or distribution of term papers or student essays
- Cult or Occult related content
- Gambling content
- User Generated Content (UGC)
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
Publishers to adhere to Invalid and Traffic policies
Any method that artificially generates views or engagements, directly or indirectly, is strictly prohibited. Publisher shall not use, and shall not permit the use of, any mechanical, computerized, fraudulent, deceptive, or any other invalid or artificial means of increasing viewership, engagement, impressions, usage or any other measure of Internet traffic at any of Publisher’s Site(s) (individually and collectively, “User Engagements“). Prohibited means and methods include, for example:
- Bot(s), robot(s) malware, automated view- or engagement-generating tools or similar programs,
- Third-party services that generate views or engagements through repeated manual clicks or automated means, such as paid-to-view or paid-to-surf services.
- Placeholders or transparently-rendered placements (in contrast to fully visible placements able to attract organic user interaction).
- Automated query tools, computer generated search requests, inappropriate link baiting or buzz baiting, or similar improper or disreputable search engine optimization services or similar purchases of traffic to pages displaying placements.
- Auto-spawning of browsers, automatic redirecting of visitors, blind text links, misleading links, forced clicks (e.g., when a user is ‘forced’ to click because of a hijacked browser, or because a placement has been altered so that it is impossible to close without clicking it).
- Toolbars, adware or similar applications that generate User Engagement by triggering pop-ups, redirecting users to unwanted Web sites, modifying browser settings, or otherwise interfering with user navigation.
- Spam or other unsolicited and illegal emails or similar communications.
- Inappropriate newsgroup, comments, microblog or similar postings.
- Purchase of keywords in a manner that infringes trademark rights in order to drive traffic to pages displaying placements.
- Keyloggers and Monitoring
- Proxy Avoid and Anonymizers
- Spyware and Adware
Unruly will, in its sole discretion, determine whether any device or technology operates in a manner that generates the kind of User Engagement sought by its advertising clients, and may disqualify any User Engagement generated by means or methods that it determines in its sole discretion to be invalid or prohibited. Where valid or organically-generated User Engagements are co-mingled with views or engagements resulting from prohibited methods, whether or not intentionally, Unruly may, in its sole discretion, determine that all such User Engagements and other views and engagements (i.e., both valid and invalid) will be disqualified.
Publishers Must Abide by Additional Restrictions of Advertising Clients.
For certain advertisers, Publishers must abide by additional restrictions or rules that have been prescribed by such advertising client. In the case of placements relating to the promotion of alcohol beverages or their branded producers, Publisher’s Sites may not (x) target or attract an audience of which more than 25% are under the applicable drinking age where such audiences reside (e.g., under 18 years of age in the United Kingdom and other European countries and under 21 years of age in the United States), unless the campaign is age gated or age targeted, or (y) encourage excessive alcohol consumption or driving or use of potentially dangerous machinery while consuming or under the influence of alcoholic beverages.
Unruly May Monitor Publisher’s Site(s) for Compliance
You hereby consent to us monitoring, recording, using, and disclosing information about any Publisher’s Site(s) to verify compliance with these Network Policies and the Publisher Agreement. Unruly reserves the right to refuse participation to any applicant or participant or site at any time in its sole discretion. Even if Unruly approves a site as a Publisher’s Site, we may later terminate such site’s participation if we determine that these Network Policies or any other terms of the Publisher Agreement have been breached.
Non-compliance With Policies May Lead to Disqualification or Termination, etc.
Failure to adhere or comply with these policies may result in disqualification or termination of Publisher or any Publisher’s Site(s) and/or the withholding or cancellation of any amounts that otherwise might have been owing or payable to Publisher. Unruly reserves the right to suspend, disable or terminate any account at any time. If Publisher’s account is disabled, Publisher may, at Unruly’s election in its sole discretion, temporarily or permanently terminate participation in the Unruly Publisher network.
Publisher Responsible for Third Party Practices Affecting Publisher’s Site(s)
Unruly may attribute to the Publisher any activity originating from Publisher’s IP address(es), Publisher’s Site(s) or any computers, servers and/or cloud-based services owned, used or contracted by Publisher or in its physical possession or control. It is Publisher’s responsibility to insure that no advertising network, affiliates or other persons or entities engage in any prohibited means or methods in relation to any of Publisher’s Site(s). Unruly will have no obligation or liability to any Publisher (or any other person or entity) if views or engagements on Publisher’s Site(s) are invalidated, amounts owing or payable are withheld or cancelled, or Publisher’s account area is disabled by Unruly or its affiliates as a result of such activities even if discovered to have been caused by third parties.
Publishers may appeal suspensions or terminations
If a Publisher’s account is suspended or terminated, and the Publisher feels that a determination leading to such termination was made in error, the Publisher may appeal by contacting Unruly at email@example.com to receive instructions and a form for submitting such appeal. Unruly will do its best to inform Publisher of a determination of any appeal submitted through such process. There is no guarantee that any suspended or terminated account will be reinstated. Please bear in mind that once Unruly has reached a decision about a Publisher’s appeal, further appeals may not be considered. Please also note that Publishers disabled for invalid click or other prohibited activity will not be allowed to participate further. Such terminated or suspended Publishers may not apply for or register new accounts. Any new account discovered to have been opened after an old account has been terminated or suspended may be rejected or disabled immediately, without the right of further appeal and without any obligation or liability.