Use of the Tremor (“Tremor”) services requires all demand side partners, advertisers, agencies or self-serve buyers (collectively “Company”) to abide by the Policy. This Policy applies to any ad served (“Ad”) by Company, utilizing any platform within the Tremor group on any of its platforms including but not limited to any or all of the following platforms (collectively “Platforms”):
- Tremor Video DSP
- Unruly Platform
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Policy at any time by posting modifications or amendments (including in the form of a restatement if appropriate). It is Company’s responsibility to keep up to date with the policies posted here.
1. Advertisement Placement
All Ads must abide by the following formatting parameters:
- Ads may not force a full-page redirect that takes end users away from the Publisher Property (defined below) without such user’s initiation (i.e., the ad may not attempt to navigate the browser to any other page, unless the user explicitly agrees). This restriction includes app store redirects on mobile devices.
- No In-Banner Video (IBV). Without exception, video Ads and creatives can only display in ad units and inventory identified as supporting video monetizing.
- No auto-refresh of ad creative is allowed. Ads must only show a single message and are prohibited from refreshing at any time after loading.
- Pop-unders are strictly prohibited, as are additional windows or messages that spawn beyond the original ad.
- Except for ad units specifically designated as expandable in nature, Inventory may not enlarge beyond the dimensions of their designated ad slots in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Inventory may not contain viruses, spyware worms, Trojan horses, malware or other malicious content or code designed to disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise, impeded any other associated software, hardware, computer system or network , or attempt to download executable files without user initiation (drive-by malware).
- Inventory may not falsify any end user interaction, such as faking clicks.
- Inventory may not initiate any action that would impact an end user without explicit permission (examples include, without limitation, prompting SMS messaging, installing an app, initiating a charge, etc.).
- Ad errors as a result of winning and registering an impression where no ad creative is delivered is prohibited (e.g. the use of VAST or VPAID tags that result in VPAID errors).
- All creatives must have attributes accurately declared. Examples include advertiser domain, auto-play video, click-to-play video and expandable Inventory.
- Inventory targeted to CTV devices must be available in SD and HD formats suitable for display on a large screen TV. Low resolution formats (less than 720 x 480p) or low frame rate formats (less than 30 fps) are not permitted.
2. Ad Content Guidelines
In order to ensure that Tremor and/or Tremor or any of its partners are not harmed from the serving of Ads through the Platforms, Company must ensure, and is solely responsible for the legality and integrity of all Ads and any addition content, materials and related technology, that it makes available through the Platforms.
3. Prohibited Ad Categories
Campaign categories and Ad subject matter that are prohibited across the Platforms are set out below. This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change:
- Promotion or sale of fireworks;
- Pornography, nudity, adult or mature content or suggestive content or images;
- Violent content or racial intolerance;
- Sell or promote smoking, cigars cigarette papers, or blunt wraps;
- Promotion of illegal online gambling (including daily fantasy sports in jurisdictions where daily fantasy sports are considered to be illegal online gambling);
- Promote adult-themed dating, escort services, “mail-order brides,” or similar services;
- Incite hatred of any race, religion, creed, class, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic group, or of any individual or group;
- Describe, depict, or glorify pain, suffering, torture, violence or death of or against humans or animals;
- Sell or promote firearms, ammunition, bombs or other weapons, or related design materials, including handgun safety certificates, fighting knives, stun guns and BB guns;
- Sell or promote illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, or ways to pass a drug test;
- Infringe intellectual property rights including sales or promotion of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods;
- Sales or distribution of term papers or student essays;
- Cult or Occult related content;
- Promote or contain libel or fraud;
- Contain profanity;
- Promote any other products, services, or content that are illegal, promote harmful activity, or infringe on the rights of others. This includes sites that provide “how-to” information on bomb-making, lock-picking, and similar topics;
- Install spyware, trojans, viruses or other malware;
- Promote illegal or P2P file-sharing, torrent, or anything that facilitates or promotes copyright infringement;
- Send an SMS message, or initiate a charge, without explicitly notifying a user and requiring a tap or other intentional action (click-to-call or click-to-SMS ads must clearly indicate that clicking the ad will initiate the call or SMS message; conventions such as a phone number that looks like a hyperlink are acceptable notification);
- Claim that a third-party plug-in such as a Flash or Java player is outdated in order to entice users to download software;
- Promote hacking, cracking, or warez;
- Are misleading or contain content that is not reflective of what the user will find on the clickthrough URL;
- Ads that employ phishing techniques or seek to trick the user into providing sensitive information by misrepresenting the identity of the Company;
- Ads that falsify any user interaction, such as faking clicks;
- Mimic system errors or messages;
- Violate any applicable law, regulation, governmental rule or court order;
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
4. Restricted Ad Categories
The below Ad categories may be permitted within the Platform. Company and Ads must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, this Policy. All Ads are subject to review and approval. Tremor reserves the sole right to determine on a case-by-case basis whether to restrict or allow the serving of Ads through the Platforms in the following categories:
- Online pharmacies and the sale of any prescription medication;
- Cannabis/THC and CBD advertising is allowed in jurisdictions where recreational use is legal, with the following requirements:
- Ads must be geo-locked to places where it is legally permitted (CBD products can run without geo targeting);
- Ads must run on a specific inclusion list of publishers that permit these types of advertising;
- Creative mush be pre-approved;
- Ads must contain age gating or clear labeling along the lines of “Adult Use Only” or “21+ Only”;
- Ads cannot make claims of benefits, especially regarding health/medical claims;
- Ads cannot depict doctors/health-professionals, nor have them making recommendations for products or usage;
- Ads cannot depict (or actively promote) the use/usage of any substance or actively encourage new use/users;
- Ads cannot be in a style meant to appeal to young audiences (no candy, cartoons/animations, etc);
- Cryptocurrency related products and services;
- Financial Products and Services (mortgage, credit cards, personal and other loans) are subject to targeting restrictions to be provided by the advertiser;
- Adult-oriented products and services.
For more information on Restricted Ad Categories, please contact your designated account representative.
5. COPPA Restrictions
Publisher’s Properties may not be directed toward children. Publisher must use the RTB “COPPA = 1” flag if any Publisher Properties are directed towards children under the age of 16.
This Advertiser Policy is incorporated into and will be part of the Agreement between the Company and Tremor. Any capitalized terms not defined in this Advertiser Policy will have the meaning as set forth in the Agreement.
“Agreement” means all document signed or accepted by and between the Parties including but not limited to the following:
- Tremor Demand-Side Platform Agreement including all Addendum(s) and Amendment(s);
- IOs between the Parties.
“Publisher Properties” means any applications and mobile web sites allowing Ads to be served via any or all of the Platform
In the event a Company wants an exception to any of this Policy:
- Company shall seek an exception in writing (email to suffice) from Tremor who will confirm the exception has been granted in writing (email to suffice) that reasonably details the nature of the exception sought, a copy of any creative, and any additional information or documents reasonably required.
- Regardless of any such request (and even in the event an exception is granted), Company shall remain fully liable to Tremor for any creative content that violates this Ad Quality Policy.
- Company shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tremor and its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (each an “Indemnified Party”) from all third party claims and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees and legal costs) arising from or relating to (a) any violation of this Ad Quality Policy by Company (even if an exception has been granted), (b) any violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations (even if an exception has been granted), or (c) any infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property right of a third party (even if an exception has been granted);
Tremor reserves the right to pause/cancel any ad campaign found in violation of this Policy without notice, and to update this Policy from time to time, without notice.
This Policy is updated as at 04/14/22