WANTED: An experienced, enthusiastic, and well-connected media guru to lead our efforts in working with media partners and publishers at Unruly. You will formulate our overall approach with publishers and then execute your strategy flawlessly. You will be well-connected with senior leaders of major publishing and media companies in the US market. You will be an expert in the digital media landscape, understanding the current and future challenges publishers face and create innovative solutions to help solve them. You will have strong expertise on general market conditions per key content vertical, including knowing key an understanding of market pricing dynamics. You will have a strong grasp of programmatic advertising, especially in the video space, and ideally be able to easily explain various industry acronyms such as DSP, SSP, DMP, and IVT. You will be seen as a leader in the industry, often providing insights and leading high level discussions with media executives, while honing in on immediate business opportunities to accelerate Unruly’s US business.
You will lead a team of account managers, business development executives, and business development product managers to help grow our media footprint. You will be analytical in your approach, building potential deal structures create optimal offers to publishers.
As our business development team is central to many functions within the company, you will have the ability to work with cross-functional teams, including sales, operations, marketing, and product development. As a creative problem-solver, it will be your responsibility to understand any immediate business challenges and work directly with your team to help solve them, often with other departments. You will have a natural curiosity of what’s next in the industry, and bring new product ideas and concepts with appropriate business cases built to help grow our business.
If you think you have what it takes to help create offerings for our publishers and lead our awesome US BD team, we’d love to hear from you.
Unruly is the advertising technology company that gets videos watched, tracked and shared across the web. Positioned at the intersect of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues. With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 90% of Ad Age 100 brands have already used Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web. Differentiated by a unique data set of 2 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. UnrulyX is the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
Unruly employs 300 people across 20 offices, with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore.
Its super power is emotional ad tech. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow. Unruly was acquired by News Corp in September 2015.
Reports to: COO
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits including premium health care, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance. We’re a truly global organization, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world….not to mention our annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Build out our US media footprint through strategic partnerships with publishers and media companies
- Become an industry leader in the advertising, technology, and video marketplace
- Contribute and lead new product and solutions for our publishers
- Lead our US BD team in the strategy that you have formulated
About the Role: Key Relationships
- President, US
- SVP Global Demand Business Development
- VP Programmatic Sales, US
- Global Product Development
- Director of Operations, US
- VP Marketing, US
- Director of Strategic Planning, US
About You: Experience
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 5+ years experience in a sales or business development role where you have carried personal targets and regularly exceeded them
- Experience in strategic management and development of inventory supplier relationships
- Knowledge of strategic improvement of programmatic revenues through a set of different demand partners buying inventory programmatically
- Ability to manage a network of content publishers and develop their revenue opportunity
- Ability to develop strong personal relationships with supply and exchange partners
- Experience in onboarding new supply and exchange partners, working through integrations and contract negotiations and driving adoption of new partners internally
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of the programmatic ecosystem and the mechanics of programmatic buying and selling
- Strong negotiation skills to optimise cost on the supply side
- Strong analytical abilities to drive increase spend and CPMs from programmatic demand partners
- Experience in building and drilling extensive data sets about planning and optimising media inventory and delivery
- Ability to prepare strategic media plans for incoming proposals to achieve Gross Profit Margin and publisher target fill rates and revenues
- Experience in capacity modeling around inventory avails
- Keen interest in maintaining accurate details around sales demand, campaign flight dates and revenue for BD Team
- Work as an integral part of BD Team
- Experience managing people to targets in a sales or business development environment
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Commercially driven – highly motivated to hit targets and able to inspire and coach your team to do the same
- Able to communicate and negotiate effectively with internal and external customers face to face, over the phone and via email
- Commercially minded, identifying opportunities that drive value for Unruly and its partners and have the tenacity to follow through with putting them into practice
- A swift decision maker, able to confidently deliver quality in a rapidly growing and changing business
- An effective project manager, able to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and work well under tight deadlines
- Analytical – able to dive into data and create insight from it
- An Intermediate to Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree, with MBA Preferred or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
All applicants must be eligible to work in United States of America. Some travel may be required.