Team Lead, Campaign Management DE – Hamburg
WANTED: We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Team Lead for our German Campaign Management Team to help build and lead across Unruly’s awesome Managed Service and Programmatic divisions.
You will lead and shape workstreams, programmatic media buying and optimization, fully understanding all available targeting opportunities that allow the team to deliver stellar campaigns. You will be responsible for the scheduling and execution of all German Service and Programmatic campaigns running through Unruly’s technology stack. You will be working alongside the Commercial, Account Management, Campaign Management and Growth teams, utilising core product knowledge and outstanding technical diligence across programmatic and proprietary systems to deliver best in class campaigns on behalf of our clients. Together with other Operations leads you will partner on communications to teams across the globe advising of platform updates and new features and share ideas that develop operational efficiencies and supercharge our campaigns.
Working together with the Operations Director EMEA you will translate commercial initiatives into the client workflow, you will be responsible for investigating fresh commercial opportunities and lobbying appropriate stakeholders, including Business Development and Product, for support.
Furthermore you will maintain and develop the infrastructure to ensure that campaign delivery and client servicing skills, including campaign configuration, programmatic troubleshooting and performance optimization, are consistent and of the highest quality.
Finally, you will be responsible for hiring as the team scales and will play a key role in helping develop training materials and train new hires, as well as develop and manage career growth opportunities for those within the team. You will also need to communicate clearly and effectively with site and product groups to maintain and enforce ad specs, test out new technologies, and roll out new initiatives.
Reports to: Ops Director, EMEA
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours: Full time with core hours. We have Summer and Winter Fridays to extend your weekend.
Salary: Highly competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Daily breakfast, weekly Friday Beers, monthly in-house therapist massages & frequent company social events! We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus, we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web – and playing Ping Pong, Playstation and Darts!
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Teams: Commercial, Account Management, Business Development, Product Development, Solutions Engineering, Finance and Creative
- People: Ops Director, EMEA, Team Lead Account Management DE, CCO, Managing Director Germany, DE Campaign Managers, DE Account Managers , DE Sales
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 3-4 years digital media experience (agency, publisher, network or technology vendor)
- Managed campaigns either bought/sold to via advertising exchanges, DSPs or SSPs
- Strong knowledge of DSPs, sales planning, order fulfillment, trafficking, order optimization, pacing and delivery reconciliation
- Experience of technical troubleshooting and successfully optimizing campaigns
- Clear demonstrable knowledge of digital and emerging platforms/commercial opportunities in the digital media landscape
- Understanding of ad server technologies and product taxonomy for video and mobile products
- Strong understanding of each business function that supports core product offering
- Lead Operational staff through example, mentoring and day-to-day activity
About You: Skills
You must be:
- You need to be highly organized, process-oriented, and adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously at a high standard
- Effectively managing team’s workloads, setting performance expectations to reach and exceed team goals
- Exceptional calm head under pressure with ability to identify business requirements within operations team (technology & personnel) to permit scaling of business
- Able to hold relationships with technology providers & platforms, publishers, clients & networks
- Manage, mentor and/or train Ad Operations Specialist and provide goal orientated Sales Support
- Exhibit an understanding of traffic and performance. Proficiency in Excel: pivot tables, and manipulation of large data sets particularly as it pertains to ad forecasting, delivery, and revenue recognition
- Knowledge of media tools (Doubleclick, Nielsen, Comscore, Integral ad science) is essential
- Fluent in German and English – with strong spelling and grammar
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Smart, proactive, and a quick learner with ability to solve problems creatively and articulate solutions
- Solutions driven in all scenarios with the ability to remain calm to achieve positive result for all internal/external customers
- Focused on accountability and not afraid of getting into the detail of the products and job to be done
- Confident in escalating business critical issues
- Pro-activity in own development to ensure forward progression of operations team and business contingency planning
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree in Media, Online Marketing or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The WOW Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Exposure to/experience with Google Ad Manager (DFP) and strong grasp of digital marketing best practices
- An understanding of agile development
- Expert working knowledge of auction-based media platforms (SEM, AdX, DSP)
- Have solid experience in delivering digital campaigns across multiple platforms, from Mobile through to Connected TVs.
- Experience in using Confluence, ZenDesk, SalesForce, and Operative.
- Been involved in end-to-end project management release cycle, with experience of either waterfall or agile methodologies
- Well connected with working groups at the IAB, Admonsters and AOP
- Some domestic and international travel may be required for this role
- All applicants must be authorised to work in Germany