Systems Administrator – London
WANTED: Lateral thinking individual to deliver exceptional systems design, implementation, maintenance and support across Unruly’s internal technology stack. You will be responsible for supporting Unruly’s global infrastructure and join a team of like-minded techies playing a crucial role in ensuring the smooth running of our Active Directory, Microsoft Networking Services, GSuite, Okta, distributed file systems and various backup platforms, along with providing backup cover across our networking, security and related infrastructures.
As Systems Administrator you’ll be exposed to a variety of technologies and will handle tech creatively, drive adoption of new processes amongst your fellow Unrulies, and help continually improve how we do things. You will be highly analytical and an exceptional communicator. You probably don’t have everything on the job spec, what matters most to us is the passion and aptitude to solve problems and staying up to date with tech! If you think you have what it takes to become Unruly we’d love to hear from you.
Reports to: Global IT Director (London)
Location: East London
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (Flexible working hours! 7.5 hours per day with Core Hours 10.00am – 4.30pm)
Salary: Highly competitive
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits such as private health cover for you and your partner, a pension scheme, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, and season ticket loan. Also as a member of the Infra Team, you will get a tech budget and conference allowance.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Support the Unruly internal technology stack to ensure a 99% uptime ratio whilst continuously researching and testing new ways to improve the technical environment, along with its frameworks and processes.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Infra Team (aka IT)
- Unruly Employees
- You must have experience in the implementation of one of these areas:
- The Microsoft stack (Windows Server 2016, 2012, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Azure, Microsoft Networking, GPOs, DFS, PowerShell, automation & scripting, Print server) in a multisite environment to architectural level and including all related hardware and data centre environments.
- AWS Server and Networking configuration
- Knowledge of VMWare Vsphere, SANs and Veeam backup technologies.
- Distributed file serving platforms, associated backups and archiving, including Microsoft, Cloud.
- Security management including anti-virus, anti-malware, VPN, IPSec, 2-step, encryption, SSL, TLS.
- Networking design and troubleshooting of firewalls, switches, WiFi,VOIP, VPN. Also supporting branch office locations and AWS regions. Meraki networking experience desirable
- Have previously worked with O365 or Google Apps (ideally both).
- Experienced with WiFi technologies and troubleshooting.
- Mixed environments with Windows, Linux and MacOS under one roof.
- Your role will include the below, so experience in any of these areas is a plus:
- Server Room Operations: racking, cabling, power, aircon and UPS experience
- Developing and maintaining KB and Wiki articles to ensure technical documentation is up to date and relevant.
- Systems management, monitoring, deployment and automation, administration and support, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Email, calendaring and collaboration admin.
- Customer service via various communication channels, investigating and resolving technical issues.
- Monitoring infrastructure performance, anticipating and proactively responding to capacity, health, recovery, and business continuance issues.
- Recommending, developing, and improving policies, procedures and standards relevant to the technology infrastructure.
- Mentoring peers on new technologies.
- Familiar with working with ticketing systems for incident management and working as part of a project team. Supporting our front line Help Desk Team when needed
- Participating in the periodic execution of the business continuance plan, including coordination, out of hours attendance, and documentation updates.
- Engaging in team meetings and retrospectives to help continuously improve the technical architecture and processes.
- JAMF Pro
- Manage Engine Desktop Central
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to logically structure, present and retain technical information
- Experienced in Windows infrastructures
- Experienced with L3, L2 networking concepts
- Experienced with SaaS administration
- Experienced with PaaS, IaaS, NAAS administration and troubleshooting, specifically AWS
- Familiar with virtualisation
- A troubleshooter and fault finder
- A strong communicator (written and verbal)
About you: Behaviour
You must be:
- Flexible – Willing to be available for out of hours rota work to support outages and covering absences on Tech Support
- Curious – With limitless enthusiasm for technology and striving to grow your knowledge constantly
- Calm – Not fazed by pressure and able to think on your feet
- Collaborative – a team player happy to work in both cross geographic team projects and locally with business stakeholders
- Analytical – able to think analytically, solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions
- A superb communicator – in every scenario, with ability to effectively liaise with different teams and external suppliers in a friendly and approachable manner
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
- Minimum of five years industry experience
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience of mobile devices including iOS, Android, mobile device management applications and securing devices with MFA
- Working knowledge of SSO & SAML provisioning and integration
- Have experience with audiovisual and video conferencing including Google Hangouts.
- Be comfortable with Meraki Networking & Security, LAN, VLANs, WAN, Routing, Firewalls and Wireless
- Know something about domain management & DNS, Google Apps, Directories, Atlassian Confluence and data connectivity
Infrequent global travel. Out of hours work to support system outages and maintenance.