Provide pre and post sales technical product support to the Unruly Sales, Business Development, Media, Ad Operations teams to help ensure the successful execution of our clients’ campaigns.
WANTED: Solutions Engineer to deliver exceptional product support to the Unruly Sales, Business Development and Operations teams as we work to deliver the most awesome social video campaigns on the planet.
You will manage and resolve technical sales and operational enquiries – ensuring our teams, clients and publishers are supported as they work with UnrulyX (our supply side platform) and Unruly Activate (our demand side platform). You’ll help members of the Sales team understand how UnrulyX can best be used to support our clients, provide technical support on client queries, and ensure client and sales expectations are properly managed. You’ll work with Sales, Business Development and Ad Operations on larger deals as part of the sales and delivery process evaluating how best to use our platform. You also work with our publisher network to help resolve technical integration issues when onboarding new media.
By gaining technical and business knowledge of our products, you will help research speculative product ideas. Working with both the Product Development team, Business Development and various stakeholders within the business, to falsify or prove viability of new product ideas.
You will be highly analytical, interested in new technology and will be an exceptional communicator. Your role may include dealing with sales requests for custom functionality, helping the operational teams use Unruly’s technology and interacting with the Unruly Development and Product teams. You must have experience in a product support role (Client Services, Sales Engineering etc). Most of all you’ll be able to explain technical information to non-tech people. If you think you have what it takes to become Unruly we’d love to hear from you.
Reports to: Solutions Engineering Team Lead (London)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Employment type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (9.00am to 5:30pm, Mon – Fri)
Salary: Highly competitive
Benefits: Private health care allowance for you and your partner, work injury insurance, mobile phone allowance, and a company laptop. You’ll travel to London for our bespoke onboarding training – Unrulyduction and will also be invited to attend an annual UnrulyFest. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Provide pre and post sales technical product support to the Unruly Sales, Business Development, Media, Ad Operations teams to help ensure the successful execution of our clients’ campaigns.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Sales Team
- Business Development
- Product Development Teams
- Ad Operations Team
- Media Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Experience supporting technical products, both commercially and technically.
- Experience of doing data analysis work, using spreadsheets, SQL or other tools
- Used web technologies and be able to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience of taking ownership of work, seeing the work through and communicating directly with customers via a variety of mediums (e.g. phone, face to face, email)
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical terms to non-technical people
- Experience working in a technical role, have technical qualifications, or have technical side projects to demonstrate your interests
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to understand HTTP protocol and the browser DOM, and to debug series of HTTP requests to discover the cause of problems
- Able to use your initiative and confidently take ownership of customer relationships
- Able to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to problem solve and think laterally to find different ways of solving technical and communication difficulties
About Your: Behaviour
You must be:
- Able to adapt to changing and vague requirements, research and investigate wild ideas, not just able to answer the questions but to find out what the correct questions are.
- Confident managing customers’ expectations, pushing clients towards standardised solutions where possible and capable of saying “no” to internal or external customers requests where appropriate
- A superb communicator – able to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical people
- Analytical – able to think analytically, solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions
- Flexible – in approach to ad-hoc requests from within the business
- Calm – able to deal with external clients and internal users in pressurised situations
- Collaborative – a team player, happy to be hands-on where required and able to liaise with global stakeholders
- Curious – with a desire to be at the cutting edge of tech
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Understand Online Advertising business models.
- Know lots about ad serving, RTB, exchanges and ad technologies.
- Have Linux/Unix skills with tools like GNU grep, sort, etc,
- Have experience building or testing sites or apps on various platforms including HTML5
- Have extensive experience of cross-platform web and/or mobile testing
- Have regularly used Splunk, or other tooling to analyse log data.
- Travel may be required
- Work occasional offset hours such as evenings/early mornings (from home if required) to support our global business.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to email@example.com.