Solutions Director US, UnrulyEQ
We’re looking for a brilliant Solutions Director to help us continue to lead the online video market. Our clients look to us to provide authoritative research demonstrating how they maximise their use of online video, better understand their customers, and bring world-class data solutions for their targeting needs.
Straddling our Insight, Partnership, Project and Product groups as part of the wider UnrulyEQ team, you will decipher and deliver the story that lies in the data to bring our unique data and insight solutions to bear on our most important clients.
This is a highly client facing role, fit for a true thought leader and conference presenter extraordinaire.
We are Unruly!
Unruly is the video marketplace you can trust to move people, not just reach people.
We help the world’s biggest advertisers engage global audiences by harnessing the power of our data-powered video marketplace, UnrulyX, on brand-safe, premium sites, while helping top publishers better monetize their audiences. Our superpower is emotional testing and targeting via UnrulyEQ, which leverages over a decade of video data and almost 2.2 million viewer reactions to videos to provide deep analysis of metrics that matter, enabling us to deliver better targeting and higher campaign ROI at scale.
Unruly was founded in 2006 with a mission to transform advertising for the better. We’re passionately committed to encouraging and celebrating diversity and wellbeing through our inclusive and nurturing company culture.
Unruly was acquired by News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) in 2015 and now has over 350 Unrulies doing amazing things across more than 20 locations worldwide.
Reports to: Global SVP, Insight and Solutions
Direct reports: N/A
Location: New York
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time Monday – Friday 9.00am-6pm
Benefits: We’re an AdAge best place to work! Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits including premium health care, dental, vision, 401K access, and life insurance. We’re a truly global organization, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world….not to mention our regular Unruly Festival and Unrulyduction orientation! Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
Mission for the Role
Your mission will be to:
- Be a client-facing, consultative data storyteller, bringing the UnrulyEQ toolset and capabilities together to strengthen our relationships with our key clients
- Inform creative and proprietary audience solutions for clients, including new technologies and partnerships as appropriate
- Determine how Unruly insight can add value to key clients, specifying and delivering custom analyses and projects where needed
The role outcomes will be:
- Build and strengthen relationships with key clients, driving incremental revenue
- Design and deliver custom data and insight solutions for key clients
- Design, execute and present research to answer clients’ key questions and incorporate education narratives
- Feed market intel and client requirements and tech/partnership opportunities into the UnrulyEQ team for development and optimization of our offerings
- Imagine collaborative data solutions for key accounts including ingesting and augmenting their data with ours in the most insightful way
- Advise on distribution including media and formats, plans to reach identified audiences, and on content strategies for each
- Teams: Commercial, Media, Product Development, Marketing, US Campaign Management, US Account Management, UnrulyEQ, Finance and Design
- People: US President, US Regional Leads, Lead – US Operations, Global Operations Director, Team Lead – Campaign Management, US Campaign Managers, US Account Managers
You must have:
- Extensive client-facing experience, demonstrating the ability to present to clients at all levels, understand their needs and convince them of the value of products
- Knowledge of digital and emerging platforms/commercial opportunities in the digital media landscape, particularly in the areas of data products and partnerships
- Understanding of the programmatic advertising ecosystem
- Experience in a media or analysis roles, or have studied brands, media planning or consumer psychology
About You: Skills
- Analytical yet creative – able to tell a story with data
- Knowledgeable about advertising and media, particularly in relation to audience data
- Interested in consumer psychology and what makes people tick
- A great communicator, both in presentations and in writing
- An advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint, and ideally other analytics platforms
About Your: Behaviors
- Proactive – going above and beyond the call of duty to #DeliverWow with data!
- Collaborative – able to work effectively with multiple departments globally
- Adaptable – able to flourish in a rapidly growing company
- Friendly – able to work in a team and open to new challenges
- Organized – able to manage a variety of tasks and changing priorities
- Analytical – able to solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions
- Passionate – about emerging technologies, digital video, social media & online culture
The WOW Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience writing articles for industry magazines and/or presenting at conferences
About You: Education & Qualifications
- BS/BA degree or equivalent