Drive maximum revenue for Unruly in Sydney by forging key relationships with media agencies, direct brands and News Corp Sydney. You’ll have sole responsibility for a group of Sydney’s largest media agencies, creative agencies and brands.
WANTED: Is social media and digital advertising hardwired into your DNA? Are you on a first name basis with key media agencies and brand marketers in Sydney? Does the opportunity to sell emerging video media and technology excite you? Are you a sales rock star? Are you comfortable in a high-growth, fast-paced environment? If the answer is a ringing yes, this role could be for you. We’re looking for a Sales Manager with a track record in digital sales and a passion for emerging/video media to drive forward Unruly’s business in Sydney.
In this role, you’ll be inspiring and educating Sydney media agencies, creative agencies and brands on the benefits of embracing social video and and forging key relationships. Based in our Sydney office, and working alongside two Group Sales Directors and the Managing Director, ANZ, you will manage your own accounts and be able to hit the ground running and line up meetings to kick start conversations in Sydney immediately. You’ll probably have experience in digital media sales (video and/or social media sales experience is a plus). If you’re tired of “plain digital” and feel ready to join a really cool company with a proven business model and a start-up feel, we’d love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Reports to: Managing Director, ANZ
Location: Sydney, Australia
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive plus bonus
Benefits: Private health care allowance for you and your partner, work injury insurance, mobile phone allowance, and a company laptop. You’ll travel to London for our bespoke onboarding training – Unrulyduction and will also be invited to attend an annual UnrulyFest. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Drive maximum revenue for Unruly in Sydney by forging key relationships with media agencies, direct brands and News Corp Sydney. You’ll have sole responsibility for a group of Sydney’s largest media agencies, creative agencies and brands.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Media agencies
- News Corp Commercial team
- Brand marketers
- Creative agencies
- PR agencies
About You: Experience
You must have:
- An established network of Sydney based media agency decision-makers
- A track record of prospecting for new business and converting this into revenue
- Frequently networked at a senior level within direct client environments
- Demonstrated digital or video sales experience
- Strong experience of digital culture, and knowledge of trends and innovation in the digital space
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the social video space and the ability to inspire confidence and collaboration with your clients
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to confidently deal with all levels of decision makers
- A swift decision maker, able to deliver quality in a rapidly growing and changing business
- An exceptional cold-caller
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (experience with Google Apps would be beneficial)
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Confident – to make decisions
- Calm – able to work well under pressure
- Eager – to succeed in a new sales environment
- Collaborative – happy to work in a Sales team
- Flexible – to work in a fast growth global environment
- A closer – Able to negotiate and close business deals swiftly
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent (School of Life also counts)
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to email@example.com.