Publisher Development Manager, Australia – Sydney
WANTED: We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and growth-orientated publisher development professional to join our team in Sydney to assist with the build out of our AUS publisher network seeking to identify key partners within the programmatic landscape, develop new partnerships and manage the existing ones.
Executing this exciting role requires you drawing on all of your genius! You’ll have a passion for video advertising as an effective revenue channel for publishers and advertisers wanting to effectively reach and engage audiences. You’ll demonstrate a deep knowledge of Australia’s online publishing landscape and know which stakeholders inside the media businesses you’d target.
The scope of the role includes a focus on analytical and proactive account management; managing external publisher relationships strategically for the long term. Your efforts will also be required to actively prospect by phone, email and carrier pigeon to begin selling in the value proposition of Unruly. You’ll build rapport, close and implement Unurly’s Ad Tech on publisher sites.
Day-to-day you’ll manage all facets of developing relationships with publishers, paying close attention to Unruly’s technology working for mutual benefit; providing the publisher with an incremental revenue stream. Are you comfortable forging partnerships with digital publishers across online and mobile environments? Are you looking for a role within a high-growth, dynamic environment with great culture? If your answer is “Hell Yeah!” then this could be for you.
Reports to: Senior Publisher Development Manager, ANZ
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Highly competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Private health care allowance for you and your partner, work injury insurance, mobile phone allowance, and a company laptop. You’ll travel to London for our bespoke onboarding training – Unrulyduction and will also be invited to attend an annual UnrulyFest. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the role: Mission
- Contribute to and partner on business development efforts within Australia; grow our network of publishers, cultivate partnerships, evaluate needs, establish mutually agreeable terms, negotiate and close deals, while maintaining the highest standards of performance, revenue & technical relationships with partners, investigating UX and metrics anomalies and collaborating with Media Solutions, Product & Partners as necessary to resolve, while always taking the pulse of the supply, to hone our media strategy and efficiently bridge our commercial and operational needs.
- Online publishers and networks
- Global Media Team
- ANZ Sales and Operations
- Global Product Development Teams
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience; either exposure to a media businesses digital ad product, sales function, or hands on experience in a business development role, preferably within a media company, SaaS or start-up.
- Familiar with selling solutions and leveraging insights to engage key decision makers.
- Possess an encyclopaedic knowledge of publishing landscape to identify potential publishing partners and drive to pursue and make it happen.
- Managed all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management.
- Negotiated deals with new publishing partners across multiple verticals
- Previously performed against business development targets
- Knowledge of culture, trends and innovation in the digital space
About You: Skills
You must be:
- A skilled negotiator with a keen interest in working with publishers to close deals
- Analytical, able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyse and report upon data
- Able to prepare collateral and present value proposition on key publishers.
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and ideally have some experience with Google Apps
- Able to understand basics of digital product development and platforms
About You: Behavior
You must be:
- Confident – in escalating business critical issues internally/externally, able to effectively liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (sales, operations, publishers)
- Collaborative – happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a fast growth start-up environment
- Energetic – with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
- Customer-focused – with excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Dedicated – to delivering great service
- Organised – able to deliver campaign requirements to deadline and prioritize leads
- Team-oriented – with the ability to problem-solve proactively and deal with multiple priorities
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honors-level degree or equivalent preferred (relevant apprenticeship/job training or University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience or knowledge in RTB and programmatic environments
- Have existing relationships with Australian media businesses
- Have direct experience closing deals with partners in the video space
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.