Programmatic Sales Manager – Singapore
WANTED: Proven, ambitious sales professional who can drive video advertising revenues from the programmatic buying community in Southeast Asia.
We are looking for a sales manager with great contacts and plenty of at-the-coalface experience of programmatic trading with both client and agency desks (ATD’s).
You will drive Unruly’s Southeast Asia relationships with the ATD’s of each of the major ad agency groups at an account level. Specifically, you will use UnrulyX – the viewable video SSP – to create compelling programmatic deal structures and packages for media buyers. This includes packaging the best-in-class publisher websites and audiences that are available on UnrulyX – including News’s O&O – along with Unruly’s data and optimization capabilities into long term open, private and preferred deal types. You will understand how best to represent the UnrulyX inventory on the ATD’s buying platform of choice and enjoy running the deals so that they convert from spend targets to realised revenue.
The role requires that you work closely with key Unruly stakeholders to inform the development UnrulyX so that it remains highly valued and desirable to the programmatic buying community. You will also work closely with Unruly’s award-winning Sales and Operations teams to help navigate the programmatic trading requirements of our existing customer-base.
Reports to: VP Programmatic Sales, APAC
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours: Full time (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6pm)
Salary: Highly competitive, plus performance based bonus
Benefits: Private health for you & your partner, mobile phone allowance and top of the range company laptop. You’ll travel to London for our bespoke onboarding training – Unrulyduction. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Drive video advertising revenue from the Southeast Asia ATD’s by:
- Doing your own deals with centralized ATDs
- Supporting APAC sales team on programmatic deals at an account level
About the Role: Key Relationships
- VP Programmatic Sales
- Chief Commercial Officer, APAC
- Product Director, UnrulyX
- Solutions Engineer, APAC
- APAC Sales team
- APAC BD Team
- APAC Operations Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 2+ years experience programmatic sales experience
- A network of strong relationships and an excellent reputation with key media agency and ATD personnel
- An advanced understanding of the programmatic, mobile and video ad markets
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of generating leads and closing new business
- Experience achieving group goals; and not fazed by targets or metrics
- Experience generating revenue against personal targets (and love smashing them!)
About You: Skills
You must be able to:
- Spot commercial opportunities, set up meetings with and present to key ATD personnel and clients
- Articulate the interplay between DSP, DMP and SSP clearly to generalist marketing audiences
- Understand the restrictions that come with today’s different ad serving software and formats and be able to work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to solve for them
- Have a good working knowledge of 3rd party ad measurement software especially in the areas of Viewability, NHT and audience verification
- Understand why a programmatic buyer would want to use one platform versus another and sell in the UnrulyX value proposition in that context
- Understand and leverage the broader Unruly value proposition, particularly around insight and data, to drive programmatic spend
- Communicate clearly and precisely both internally and externally
- Keep calm under pressure
- Deliver on a personal revenue number whilst helping your team reach their goals
- Prioritise and deliver above and beyond your day-to-day role
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- An exceptional communicator (written and verbal)
- A great listener and be thorough in your follow-ups to meetings
- Focused on accountability and not afraid of getting into the detail of the products and job to be done
- Gregarious: Enjoy being part of the media industry and building relationships with clients and agencies
The Wow Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Have overseen significant programmatic trading with mPlatform, ULTRA and other CPG client and in-house trading desks
- Had multi-market trading experience
- Travel within Southeast Asia may be required for this role.
Your information will be used according to our candidate privacy notice which can be found here.