Programmatic Ops Solutions, UK
Wanted: We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic team member to drive Programmatic Operations Solutions for our UK Ops team. This highly specialized position will support, build and refine programmatic Operations across the UK team, a high growth programmatic market. You will lead and shape workstreams, programmatic media buying and optimization, fully understanding all available data opportunities that allow the team to deliver high performing, KPI smashing campaigns.
You will be responsible for the implementation, activation and monitoring of all UK Programmatic opportunities by supporting internal teams from deal request to revenue reconciliation. You will work work closely with the UK Campaign Management team, facilitating their processes and delivery to generate max programmatic revenue from each opportunity. You will also work closely with the UK Commercial team, utilising core product knowledge and outstanding technical diligence across programmatic and proprietary systems to deliver best in class campaigns on behalf of our clients.
You will collaborate with global Programmatic Solutions and specialists to drive programmatic revenues across Unruly global teams sharing knowledge, troubleshooting delivery and providing training. You will drive troubleshooting across internal teams, leading comms and escalation within the business. You will serve as the primary point of contact for technical issues, triaging open tickets, devising possible solutions and communicating to the global team. You will also lead on external comms with 3rd parties. You will work closely with local Business Development teams, both supply and demand, supporting their efforts to grow supply and capture unique demand.
You will help develop the infrastructure within the Operations and external teams to ensure that programmatic skills including campaign configuration and performance optimization are consistent and of the highest quality. You will act as Unruly’s UK internal programmatic expert and share ideas .
You will play a key role in helping develop training materials and train new hires, as well as develop and manage career growth opportunities for those within the team. You will also need to communicate clearly and effectively with site and product groups to maintain and enforce ad specs, test out new technologies, and roll out new initiatives. You will work directly with vendors to communicate business needs by creating detailed requirement documentation which defines our business needs/requirements which will ultimately guide vendor development.
Programmatic is the highest growth area of the business and we’re looking for an individual who can balance great experience with speed and accuracy to support, develop and and inspire a busy team.
Reports to: SVP, Global Ad Operations
Location: East London, UK
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (9.30am to 6pm, Mon – Fri)
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus
- Teams: Commercial, Business Development, Product Development, Solutions Engineers, Marketing, global Campaign Management, Insight, Finance and Design
- People: SVP, Global Ad Operations, global Campaign Management Teams, UK Commercial Director, EMEA Managing Director, EMEA Marketing Director, Insight Director, Product Manager, Solutions Engineers, Business Development Director, Financial Controller, Design Managers
You must have:
- 3/4 years digital media experience (agency, publisher, network or technology vendor)
- Advanced understanding of programmatic advertising and video markets, and various pricing models
- Proven programmatic troubleshooting and optimisation success – unblocking programmatic spend via technical solutions and bid strategy
- Ability to confidently analyse programmatic data from a variety of sources to understand buying strategy and behaviours
- Managed campaigns either bought/sold programmatically via advertising exchanges, DSPs or SSPs
- Clear demonstrable knowledge of digital and emerging platforms/commercial opportunities in the digital media landscape
- An exceptional calm head under pressure with the ability to identify business requirements within operations team (technology & personnel) to permit scaling of business
- Strong knowledge of sales planning, order fulfillment, trafficking, order optimization, pacing and delivery reconciliation
- Understanding of ad server technologies and product taxonomy for video and mobile products
- Worked with a Head/Director of Operations on team process/structure planning to build operation of tomorrow
- Strong understanding of each business function that supports core product offering
- Strong at testing and rolling out new functionality via a thorough QA process
You must be:
- Able to troubleshoot and successfully optimize deals to ensure great results
- Plan and implement Unruly campaign solutions in line with client KPIs and brief ensuring excellent results
- Smart, proactive, and a quick learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail
- Able to lead Operational staff through example, mentoring and day-to-day activity
- Able to positively deliver new features and products to operations and Account Management teams globally, ensuring that release process is simple and part of normal service
- Able to coordinate large global campaigns across multiple teams and offices, providing a consistent internal customer service and expert campaign management skills. Visibly lead management of these campaigns, taking control and ensuring the clients are truly WOWed by Unruly’s activity and their overall customer experience.
- Hold key relationships with technology providers & platforms, publishers, networks
You must be:
- Able to deal with external clients and internal senior management in pressure situations
- Solutions driven in all scenarios with the ability to remain calm to achieve positive result for all internal/external customers
- Proven ability to think analytically, solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions
- Confident in escalating business critical issues internally/externally
- Committed to continued learning and growing your professional skill set
- Pro-activity in own development and development of Campaign Management team to ensure forward progression of operations team and business contingency planning
Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The Wow Factor:
- Expert working knowledge of auction-based media platforms (SEM, AdX, DSP)
- Experience in using Confluence, ZenDesk, SalesForce, and Operative.
- Comfortable with presenting new and innovative digital technologies/features to the business to support internal knowledge base
- Have solid experience in delivering digital campaigns across multiple platforms, from Mobile through to Connected TVs.
- Have experience of working across at least two digital media business types (Agency/Publisher/Network/Technology Vendor)
- Been involved in end-to-end project management release cycle, with experience of either waterfall or agile methodologies
- Well connected with working groups at the IAB, Admonsters and AOP
Send an email with your name and “Programmatic Ops Solutions, UK” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to tell us where you heard about the role!
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in the UK