Product Manager – London
WANTED: We’re looking for a customer-centric and tech-savvy Product Manager to join our Product Development team based in London. In this role, you’ll work with developers and key global stakeholders across multiple product areas to drive product discovery, prioritisation, collaboration and drive the delivery of our product set.
- You will manage the execution of new features, influencing launches and enhancements for our products, benefiting the entire company
- You’ll ensure we can provide market-leading and revenue generating reporting management features for Unruly’s customers and users
- You will work closely with our great engineers and key stakeholders helping prioritise, whilst being on top of all the details
- And you will join a fresh company with a start-up feel, and you’ll show us what makes you Unruly
Who You Are:
- You are an excellent communicator, written and spoken
- You are intellectually curious, naturally collaborative, plus plenty of grit
- You are highly analytical, well organised, and quick to learn
- You enjoy working in a client facing role and have the ability to tailor your communication to suit the audience
- You are interested in digital technology and research
- And you get really fired up by the prospect of joining a small, cross-functional team focussed on delivery, backed by an established, thought-leading company
Located where Brick Lane meets Shoreditch and the City, Unruly is a company built around the product. With Unruly you will be part of an awesome, global and diverse team on a mission to change advertising for the better. We have a unique, nurturing and inclusive company culture that celebrates both personal and professional growth. As a fast-growth scale-up and part of the News Corp family, we offer both agility and development opportunities; we learn together, and we teach each other through collaboration, tech talks and conferences.
Location: Whitechapel (London, UK)
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (Core Hours)
Salary: Highly competitive
Benefits: Conference attendance allowance, private health cover, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan, laptop allowance.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- SVP Product, SVP Technology, Product Team and ProDev
- Exec Team
- Internal stakeholders, including
- Publishers and advertisers
About You: Experience
- Demonstrated the ability to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Experience in understanding and analysing commercial priorities and business needs
About You: Skills
- Experienced in a Product Manager role in an agile digital company. Value propositions, customer profiles, business cases, competitor analysis, prioritisation, and product vision documents are not new to you. You know why we might not like waterfalls in Unruly Product Development
- Someone who loves solving problems. The more complex, the better! You have a naturally curious, sceptical and hypothesis-driven approach to assessing the value of new product and feature ideas
- A data-driven decision-maker. Without prompting you run the numbers for your product and isolate the metrics by which you will measure success. You identify and track KPIs to measure success for new product features or improvement.
- You are commercially driven. You love being in business and understand that your products and features need to drive revenue. You distinguish between ideas on the basis of their commercial value.
- Able to combine technical depth with business savvy to create and evaluate business cases for work, identifying, interrogating and weighing-up risks and value
- A really excellent communicator in person and in writing. You simplify the apparently complex. You write with the primary drive of communicating clearly, adjusting your language depending on the audience. You know not to use business-speak or technical jargon when it’s not appropriate. You are comfortable writing documents and presentations and representing complex information in drawings and diagrams. You are comfortable standing up in front of groups of people giving updates, talks and presentations. You can talk to customers, senior stakeholders and technical people with equal ease and confidence
- Familiar with different prioritisation processes, familiar with working with commercial and technical stakeholders to prioritise competing commercial product asks
- Able to run workshops and whiteboard exercises with senior stakeholders. You never leave a meeting without actions and owners, and you follow up!
- Someone with a good technical understanding of Web fundamentals. You are interested in the latest web technologies and industry trends. You’ve worked closely with developers before
- Great at building and maintaining personal relationships to aid collaboration
About You: Behaviour
- Commercially focussed on delivering business value
- You embrace change with a positive mindset and adapt work to changing priorities. You don’t come to the table with a problem without having first thought about potential solutions
- Welcomes and seeks out feedback about yourself, your team and your products. You are constantly looking to improve and learn
- Sociable and happy to work in a highly collaborative environment. You are generous with your knowledge and love to share what you know and learn. You love to work on complex problems with others.
- Confident and able to clearly express and defend your ideas in discussions
- A life-long learner. You thrive in a fast moving environment where there is always something new you have to get your head around
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a strong desire to progress in the industry and keen to champion new product ideas
- You are resilient and professional
- Diplomatic and respectful, able to explain bad news & compromises without alienating others to a wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Courageous about taking on challenges that stretch you
- Someone who naturally steps up and owns things. You have great follow through, seeing work you pick up through to a resolution. You enjoy getting things done.
- Reliable and able to take ownership and responsibility
The Wow Factor
These are by no means essential, but we’d love it if:
- You have heard and even practised Lean Agile, Lean UX, product discovery, and are a whizz at story mapping and domain modelling. You read books on these subjects for fun
- You have an understanding of Extreme Programming (XP) and the differences to scrum
- You have worked directly with teams of developers as well as non-technical people
- You have worked in a startup or have taken a new product from conception to launch
- You have ad tech or online media experience. You read ad tech journals for fun. You’ve attended ad tech conferences
- You know a programming language or have done a bit of programming in your past
- You are a whizz with Excel and familiar with SQL or Splunk
- Send an email with CV attached and your name and “Product Manager” in the subject line to [email protected]
- Please specify your availability to commence the role.
- Don’t forget to tell us where you heard about the role!
- All applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.