To bring Unruly’s brand to life by adding motion magic to all our digital collateral. To bring fluidity, insight and naturality behaviour to our user interfaces; To work together with the different Unruly teams to assure Unruly’s creative output meet their needs and explains our proposition in the most effective way possible.
WANTED: We are looking for a Motion Graphics genius who will bring magic to Unruly’s dynamic brand. Adding value to all our online and offline projects. You will be part of a small but super talented creative team, each one with unique talents (a bit like the Avengers) and will be reporting to our Global Creative Director, who is a cool dude.
As our Motion Graphics Designer you will be responsible for the creation of the most insanely awesome pieces 2D and 3D (maybe also 4D?) animation for our biggest projects, including (but not restricted to) videos, websites, apps, interactive installations and games. Your outputs need to make other tech companies wonder “who’s this Shaolin master of Motion Graphics?”.
You will be well versed in both video and web animation as well as be able to conceptualise and execute the most out-of-the-box ideas for our many initiatives both internal and client facing.
If successful, your work will be displayed across the globe via over 17 offices and over 300 employees worldwide as well as 92% of the Ad Age 100 brands. Cool, right?
So… are you optimistic, good-humoured, A-class team player and believe in the bright side of the Force? Are you passionate about the Internet/memes/geek culture? If the answer is a resounding “Hell yeah!” then please send us some examples of what you’ve done, as we’d love to know what makes you Unruly!
Reports to: Global Creative Director (based in London)
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (Mon-Fri 9.30am-6pm)
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world-class benefits such as private health cover for you and your partner, a pension scheme, iPhone or Android phone, company laptop, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers and season ticket loan. There are also company social events, weekly deliveries of fruit and pastries, film nights and an annual Unruly Festival. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- To bring Unruly’s brand to life by adding motion magic to all our digital collateral. To bring fluidity, insight and and intuitive logic to our user interfaces; To work together with the different Unruly teams to assure Unruly’s creative output meet their needs and explains our proposition in the most effective way possible.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Global Creative team
- Global Marketing team
- Global Sales team
- Global Operations team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- A brilliant portfolio of both video and web-based works, which shows off your motion graphics skills in a wide range of disciplines.
- The ability to build inventive, fresh and highly engaging interface transitions.
- Demonstrated experience of building brand consistency and adaptability throughout your outputs.
- Experience of supporting a multidisciplinary design team and bringing up simple yet powerful ways to bring their design to life.
About You: Skills
You must be:
- A Paladin of 2D and 3D motion graphics.
- A wizard of web-based animation.
- A swordmaster in Adobe Suite software (Especially After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere.)
- A ninja of inventive typography, layout and diagram.
- A Buddha of listening and absorbing constructive criticism (even if it’s about your favourite TV show!)
About You: Behaviours
You must be:
- FULL OF ENERGY (Honestly, this is very important.)
- Great at prioritising tasks and judging the value of each piece of collateral.
- Brilliant negotiator with high levels of empathy.
- Proactive – You can identify small tasks that can be done fast (quick wins) and make the difference and get them done immediately without losing focus on the big picture.
- Productive – always looking for ways to increase efficiency and help people around you.
- Adaptable – able to work effectively with multiple departments globally and by yourself.
- Motivated – Always willing to learn, always curious.
- Organised – able to manage a variety of tasks and changing priorities (and they will change quite a lot).
- Detail-oriented – able to produce outputs to a professional standard and deliver pixel-perfect creative material. After all, the best way of beating the best is being the best!
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent (University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have some experience in character creation and animation.
- Are brilliant when it comes to sound design.
- Have an interest and some experience in outdoors video creation.
Some domestic and international travel may be required for this role.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to firstname.lastname@example.org