WANTED: An experienced and enthusiastic media guru to work closely with our Business Development teams to provide first class solutions to our Unruly publishing network. You will assess and scope integrations with new sources of video inventory across the Open Web, bringing them into the live domain via a thorough quality assurance programme, continuing technical support at partner level and internally once live. You will have a deep understanding of header bidding and will want to be on the cutting edge of new product development. As a creative problem-solver, it will be your responsibility to undertake the requisite commercial vs effort diligence before embarking on any new integrations, working directly with the global supply-facing Business Development team to sell in prospective partnerships internally. You will be highly analytical, interested in new technology and confident in communicating on progress and technical issues across a range of internal stakeholders. If you think you have what it takes to help create the platform for our sales and delivery teams to deliver the most awesome social video campaigns on the planet, we’d love to hear from you.
About Unruly: Unruly is the ad tech company that gets videos watched, tracked and shared across the Open Web. Positioned at the intersect of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues.
With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 90% of Ad Age 100 brands have already used Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set of 2 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. Viewability is 100% guaranteed to an audience of 1.35 billion monthly unique users across mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
UnrulyX is the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
Unruly employs 300 people across 20 offices, with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore.
Its super power is emotional ad tech. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow. Unruly was acquired by News Corp in September 2015.
Reports to: VP Business Development, US
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits including premium health care, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and a great place to work. We are a truly global organization, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world….not to mention our annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Sell in Unruly’s solutions (both existing and future facing solutions) into publishers alongside our Publisher development team
- Maintain all existing partners performance & technical relationships, investigating UX and metrics anomalies and collaborating with Business Development, Product & Partners as necessary to resolve.
- Develop strong relationships with ad operations and technical key personnel at the publisher
- Integrate new sources of video inventory, bringing partners from Unruly’s roadmap into the live domain and fully operable across campaigns
- Participate in global discussions relevant to technical solutions approach
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Global Business Development
- Global Solutions Engineering
- Global Product Development
- Programmatic Sales Lead, US
- US Operations
- President, US
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Unique understanding of header bidding, digital video markets, and various pricing models
- Clear demonstrable knowledge of digital and emerging platforms/commercial opportunities in the digital media landscape
- Able to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Experience of taking ownership of technical work, seeing the work through and communicating directly with a variety of internal and external customers to offer support and solve problems via a variety of mediums (e.g. phone, face to face, email)
- Experience working in a customer facing technical role, investigating and resolving technical issues including solving new problems that have not previously been encountered
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical terms to non-technical people
- Experience of doing data analysis work, using spreadsheets, SQL or other tools.
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Strong at testing and rolling out new functionality via a thorough QA process
- Able to understand HTTP protocol and the browser DOM, and to debug series of HTTP requests to discover the cause of problems
- Able to positively deliver new features and products to Commercial and Media Solutions teams globally, ensuring that release process is simple and part of normal service
- Hold key relationships with technology providers & platforms, publishers, networks
- Able to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to problem solve and think laterally to find different ways of solving technical and communication difficulties
- Confident managing customers’ expectations and pushing clients towards standardised solutions where possible and capable of saying “no” to internal or external customers requests where appropriate
- Strong understanding of each business function that supports core product offering
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Able to deal with external clients and internal senior management in pressure situations
- Solutions driven in all scenarios with the ability to remain calm to achieve positive result for all internal/external customers
- Proven ability to think analytically, solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions
- Confident in escalating business critical issues internally/externally
- Committed to continued learning and growing your professional skill set
- Pro-activity in own development and development of product roadmap in alignment with business objectives
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The Wow Factor:
- 2-3+ years experience in a product manager role
- Expert working knowledge of ad-serving, ad technologies and auction-based media platforms (SEM, AdX, DSP)
- Have solid experience in technology support for ad-serving across multiple platforms
- Have basic Linux/unix skills with tools like GNU grep, sort, etc,
- Have experience building or testing sites or apps on various platforms including HTML5
- Have experience of Flash development and debugging issues with Flash
- Been involved in end-to-end project management release cycle, with experience of either waterfall or agile methodologies
- Comfortable with presenting new and innovative digital technologies/features to the business to support internal knowledge base
All applicants must be eligible to work in United States of America.