Lean UX Lead – London
WANTED: A User Experience Lead and Coach to join our extreme programming team, someone who prides themselves on their ability to share their knowledge and instill a user-centred mindset across our teams..
You’ll help embed quantitative and qualitative user feedback into our processes, helping us know whether we’re creating real value for real customers as well as users and stakeholders, in a way that is highly collaborative and outcome focused.
You’ll be happy pairing with developers and running workshops to help developers get better at user-testing, paper prototyping, and observing users.
You’ll facilitate developers and product managers getting out of the building, and shadowing internal stakeholders and users, as they prepare stories and plan quarterly goals. You’ll help the product development team validate assumptions for longer term strategic work and short term iterations through data and customer research.
We have a very fast-moving, complex B2B business with a network of customers from publishers to brands, advertising agencies, DSPs and trading desks. If you understand that UX is not UI and this excites you, then we’d like to hear from you.
Reports to: SVP Product with a dotted line to SVP Software Development
Location: East London
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 18:00
Salary: Highly Competitive
Private health cover, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, laptop allowance, conference attendance allowance. There are monthly company social events, weekly deliveries of fruit, film nights and an annual Unruly Festival.
About the Role: Mission & Key relationships
Champion customer and user experience at Unruly using your deep, practical understanding of Lean UX methodologies and product design to increase understanding of our users and customers, establishing habitual qualitative and quantitative feedback loops.
- Collaborate effectively and provide UX coaching for product managers, product directors, developers, Agile and engineering coaches, testers, and other specialists, business development, and marketing
- Pair with team members (developers and product people) preparing and planning stories for short and longer term work
- Help the product development team validate assumptions for longer term strategic work and short term iterations through data and customer research
- Champion organise, and facilitate focused, outcome orientated customer conversations and GOOB (Get Out of the Building) for product development
- Product Development team
- SVP Product
- SVP Software Development
Significant working in an online tech company in a UX role.
It would be great if you have some of the following skills and behaviour (and are excited about developing those you don’t yet have!)
- Passion about Lean UX techniques. Comfortable working in an iterative manner—not wedded to perfection.
- Business outcome orientated. Analytical and data driven. Willing and able to get into raw business data and understand how it is relevant to you. Getting demonstrable commercial results for the business and the wider team is what you believe counts.
- Comfortable with and experienced at working closely in a highly collaborative manner with developers, product managers and directors, business development, marketing.
- You understand the difference between coaching, teaching, and mentoring—preferring coaching to teaching, and always listening and learning.
- Flexible—able to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities, work within short iterations in a focused manner. Able to prioritise effectively and embrace change
- Demonstrable ability to concisely and coherently summarise complex information for technical and commercial audiences. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to produce outcome focused research in a timely manner.
- Able to influence and build credibility across the organisation and get buy in for your ideas with senior stakeholders
- Experience in a B2B environment where UX often doesn’t mean UI.
- Fundamentally understands the difference between customers, users, and stakeholders.
The WOW Factor
We’d love it if you have:
- Familiarity with online video advertising industry
- Experience working in a B2B context
- Graphic design skills
- Interaction design skills
- Understanding of information architecture
- Comfortable creating wireframes
- Competence in one or more programming languages
- Can build prototypes using html/js/css
- Extreme programming experience
Send an email with CV attached and your name and “UX Coach” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify your availability to commence the role and don’t forget to tell us where you heard about the role! All applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!
Your information will be used according to our candidate privacy notice which can be found here.