Insight & Solutions Analyst – Hamburg
WANTED: We’re looking for a brilliant Insight Analyst to help us continue to lead the online video market.
Our clients look to us to provide data-driven, authoritative research demonstrating online video’s value – and the role it plays within the broader marketing mix. You’ll support the Marketing, Sales, Data and Insight teams, managing Unruly’s proprietary datasets as well as using third party data providers, deciphering the story that lies in the data to create compelling sales and marketing collateral and answer complex client questions.
You’ll probably be currently working at a major brand, tech start-up, or research agency in a research or insight role, or maybe you’ll be a research superstar in an adjacent space (media, search, academia). Either way – you’ll be an innovative, data-driven researcher who is keen to transfer your experience into a rapidly growing ad tech company, where you can really take the lead and make a difference. If you want to get the best from both worlds and work in an agile start-up which is part of an established, global organisation, we’d love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Reports to: Insight & Solutions Director, Germany
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours: Full time with core hours. We have Summer and Winter Fridays to extend your weekend.
Salary: Highly competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Daily breakfast, weekly Friday Beers, monthly in-house therapist massages & frequent company social events! We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus, we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web – and playing Ping Pong, Playstation and Darts!
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Produce Unruly Playbooks, comprehensive market and competitor analyses, to provide our clients with a data-driven understanding of online video performance in a specific market vertical
- Run data extractions and analysis, manage the production of regular reporting and streamline Insight processes
- Support ad-hoc market and consumer research projects, e.g. on consumer journey mapping, media mix modeling, psychographic targeting or content testing
- Support preparing client meetings, lab tours, and conference presentations
- There will be an opportunity to progress to analysing and presenting Unruly’s content testing results, Unruly Pulse video trends insight and bespoke client research projects
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Insight & Solutions Team (DE and globally)
- EQ Team
- Data Team
- Commercial Team
- Marketing Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 1+ years of working experience
- Experience pulling data from large datasets and compiling reports
- Demonstrated experience in an insight or research role (technology, marketing or media environment preferable) or have a degree with an analytical focus
- Experience drawing together insight from large data sets and research studies to create one coherent story (telling stories from data!)
- Experience communicating complex ideas and conclusions in a clear and meaningful way that people from all functions can understand
- Experience managing multiple projects, multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities simultaneously
About You: Skills
You must be:
- An Intermediate to Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident in using SPSS, stata, R, Python, or a similar statistical software package
- Analytical – able to dive into data and create insight from it
- An effective project manager, able to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and work well under tight deadlines Able to communicate findings to internal and external customers either informally in person or on the phone or in presentations
- Strong with the written word – communicating insight and recommendations clearly and concisely on emails and in reports
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Proactive – going above and beyond the call of duty to #DeliverWow with data!
- Collaborative – able to work effectively with multiple departments globally
- Adaptable – able to flourish in a rapidly growing tech company
- Organised – able to manage a variety of tasks and changing priorities
- Detail-orientated – able to produce documents to a professional standard
About You: Education & Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business/Economics/Psychology/Statistics/Econometrics/Data or Information Science, or related field with a quantitative focus preferred
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience using Splunk
- Speak multiple languages
- Are a natural born researcher