Insight Manager – Sydney
WANTED: We’re looking for a brilliant Insight Manager to help us continue to lead the online video market. Our clients look to us to provide data-driven, authoritative research demonstrating online video’s value, and the role it plays within the broader marketing mix. You’ll manage Unruly’s proprietary data-sets as well as using third party sources, deciphering the story that lies in the data to advise our clients on their video strategy.
Reports to: Solutions Lead, APAC
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm). We have Summer and Winter Fridays to extend your weekends.
Salary: Highly competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Private health care allowance for you and your partner, work injury insurance, mobile phone allowance, and a company laptop. You’ll travel to London for our bespoke onboarding training – Unrulyduction. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Write and present UnrulyEQ video ad reports and category playbooks
- Deliver bespoke research projects for key clients, drawing on multiple data sources to answer their questions about video creative, audiences and distribution
- Present tailored insight to clients in workshops and immersion session
- Help to pitch Unruly’s research offering in client meetings
- Devise and deliver thought leadership projects
- Represent Unruly at industry conferences
- Create compelling collateral for sales pitches
- Mentor junior members of the insight team
- Understand the needs and nuances of the AU media landscape
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Data, Insight and Solutions Team
- Commercial Team
- Marketing Team
About You: Experience
- Solid experience in an insight or research role (advertising, tech or media environment preferable)
About You: Skills
- Analytical yet creative – able to tell a story with data
- Can show how great insights lead to great strategy which results in real impact to business
- Knowledgeable and can hold a conversation about advertising and media
- Interested in consumer psychology and fascinated with what makes people tick
- A great communicator, both in presentations and in writing and can communicate findings clearly to non-researchers
- An intermediate to advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience pulling data from large datasets and compiling reports
About You: Behaviour
- Proactive – going above and beyond the call of duty to #DeliverWow with data!
- Collaborative – able to work effectively with multiple departments globally
- Adaptable – able to flourish in a rapidly growing company and flexible with what’s needed
- Organised – able to manage a variety of tasks and changing priorities
- Detail-oriented – able to produce reports to a professional standard
- Aware – know when to listen and ask questions rather than talk at people
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Your information will be used according to our candidate privacy notice which can be found here.