Write and present Unruly EQ reports which advise clients on how to improve their creative
WANTED: We’re looking for a brilliant Insight Analyst to help us continue to lead the online video market. Our clients look to us to provide data-driven, authoritative research demonstrating online video’s value – and the role it plays within the broader media mix. You’ll support the Marketing, Sales, EQ and Insight teams, managing Unruly’s proprietary datasets as well as using third party data providers, deciphering the story that lies in the data to create compelling sales and marketing collateral and answer complex client questions.
You’ll probably be currently working at a major brand or research agency in a research or insight role, or maybe you’ll be a research superstar in an adjacent space (cinema, TV, search). Either way – you’ll be an innovative, data-driven researcher who is keen to transfer your experience into a rapidly growing tech company, where you can really take the lead and make a difference. If you’re tired of “plain digital” and feel ready to join a really cool company with a proven business model and a start-up feel, we’d love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Unruly is the ad tech company that gets videos watched, tracked and shared across the Open Web. Positioned at the intersect of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues.
With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 90% of Ad Age 100 brands have already used Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set of 3 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. Viewability is 100% guaranteed to an audience of 1.35 billion monthly unique users across mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
UnrulyX is the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
Unruly employs 300 people across 20 global locations, with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore.
Its super power is emotional ad tech. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow. Unruly was acquired by News Corp in September 2015.
Reports to: Insight Director
Location: East London
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (9.30am to 6pm, Mon – Fri)
Salary: Highly competitive
Benefits: Private health care plan, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan. There are monthly bowling nights, weekly deliveries of pastries, beer, and fruit, and an annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Write and present Unruly EQ reports which advise clients on how to improve their creative
- Produce Unruly Playbooks, comprehensive market and competitor analyses, to provide our clients with a data-driven understanding of online video performance
- Present Unruly insight in client meetings and workshops
- Lead ad-hoc market and consumer research projects, e.g. on consumer journey mapping, media mix modeling, psychographic targeting or content testing
- Manage Unruly BrandLift reports, getting the projects into field, analysing results and creating reports for key clients
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and insight to support pitches
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Insight Team
- Commercial Team
- Marketing Team
- EQ Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Experience pulling data from large datasets and compiling reports
- Demonstrated experience in an insight or research role (technology or media environment preferable) or have a degree with an analytical focus
- Experience drawing together insight from large data sets and research to create one coherent story
- Experience communicating complex ideas and conclusions in a clear and meaningful way that people from all functions can understand
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities simultaneously
About You: Skills
You must be:
- An Intermediate to Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint
- An effective project manager, able to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and work well under tight deadlines
- Able to communicate findings to internal and external customers either informally in person or on the phone or in presentations
- Strong with the written word – communicating insight and recommendations clearly and concisely on emails and in reports
- Analytical – able dive into data and create insight from it
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Proactive – going above and beyond the call of duty to #DeliverWow with data!
- Collaborative – able to work effectively with multiple departments globally
- Adaptable – able to flourish in a rapidly growing company
- Organised – able to manage a variety of tasks and changing priorities
- Detail-orientated – able to produce documents to a professional standard
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience using Splunk
- Speak multiple languages
- Have social media skills