Front of House Intern – London
WANTED: A super-organised multitasker, who is energetic, outgoing, proactive, with a passion for taking care of your workplace like it’s your own home and your fellow colleagues and clients like they’re your own family. As part of the Global People team, reporting to our Office and Events Manager, you’ll be an advocate of exceptional customer service and happy to go above and beyond to ensure that our flagship HQ is the kind of place where people love to work and clients love to visit.
The ideal candidate will be professional and courteous, with a ‘get things done’ attitude and the ability to make anyone feel welcome. On our busy Front of House space you’ll be an unflappable person who loves to juggle multiple priorities, whilst being one step ahead at all times. If you feel like this sums you up, and you’re ready to join an exciting, innovative company, we’d love to learn what makes you truly Unruly!
There are monthly company social events, plus a stocked kitchen, a constant supply of breakfasts, snacks and treats, and awesome office facilities. We are a growing global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Take care of your workplace like it’s your own home, keeping our Unruly London Front of House looking smart, welcoming and running like clockwork, providing a completely unique experience for our employees, partners, and clients.
Your duties will involve (but are not exclusive to):
- Being the face of Unruly HQ’s Front of House, greeting/signing in guests and visitors.
- Being the first port of call for any internal or external queries.
- Looking after the Front of House area, communal spaces, and our meeting rooms, ensuring they’re always welcoming, stocked up and presentable throughout the day.
- Answering calls, taking messages, replying to email queries from stakeholders.
- Meeting room bookings for employees using Google Calendar.
- Signing for and organising parcels, sending parcel emails to recipients, and handing out post.
- Preparing and setting up refreshments for regular meetings, client events and visitors.
- Arranging couriers and taxis.
- Ordering a variety of stock from multiple supplies and putting away the deliveries.
- Organising slots for our loading bay and helping our suppliers that use it.
- Keeping an eagle-eye out to ensure things within the office run smoothly.
- Prepare room set ups and help to host a variety of events – this could be before, during or after core hours.
- Managing door access cards for employees and maintaining databases accordingly.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Office and Events Manager
- People Team
- Unruly employees (particularly our Sales and Marketing Team)
- External clients, guests and suppliers
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Experience in a Front of House or reception-based role.
- Previously delivered superior service in a customer-facing role (in any industry).
- Experience answering phones and emails with an excellent professional manner.
- Dealt with a variety of stakeholders (from delivery people to important clients/senior managers), and the ability to adapt your approach to their needs.
- Previously solved problems in real-time, created work-arounds, and improved processes to prevent issues happening again in the future.
- A lot of common sense!
About You: Skills
You must be:
- An Intermediate to Advanced user of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs).
- A fluent English speaker, with strong spelling and grammar skills.
- A confident communicator, able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels verbally, via email or over the phone.
- Relentlessly positive with the ability to make both employees and guests feel welcome.
- A skilled multi-tasker, able to prioritise incoming requests and think on your feet about the most effective way to address these.
- An expert at anticipating eventualities – always one step ahead and looking to minimise business disruption.
- Neat and organised with high attention to detail – able to ensure events and meeting spaces are set-up to a high standard.
- Able to make best friends with a whole host of Unruly suppliers; from the Plumber and Handyman to the Postman and Couriers.
- Practical and logical – You know how to change a lightbulb and can work out how to fix the coffee machine if it’s having a bad day.
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Professional – always providing superior levels of customer service, representing Unruly, and able to identify senior stakeholders.
- Super friendly and personable – able to be the ‘face’ of Unruly for all visitors to Front of House.
- Flexible – able to respond to ad-hoc requests and ready to turn your hand to anything.
- Organised – able to identify and prioritise tasks and ensure they are completed.
- Motivated – you love what you do, and are passionate about doing a great job on all tasks.
- Someone who takes the initiative – always on the lookout for things which need doing, providing progress updates to stakeholders when required, rallying together the Interns to complete Front of House duties, suggesting process improvements and ensuring the wheels keep turning!
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts.)