Front of House (Intern), London
A super-organised multitasker, who is energetic, outgoing, proactive, with a passion for taking care of your workplace like it’s your own home and your fellow colleagues and clients like they’re your own family.
As part of the Global People team, reporting to the Office Manager you’ll be an advocate of exceptional customer service, happy to go above and beyond to ensure that our flagship HQ is the kind of place that people love to work in and clients love to visit.
As Front of House Intern you will have joint responsibility for the day to day running of all Front of House activity. You will also be a first point of contact for the Whitechapel Building. Working alongside a team of interns you will assist with planning the rotas and ensure the smooth running of the office ensuring all daily checks are completed to the highest of standards.
You will also be a culture king/queen in the UK office ensuring we have monthly socials and awesome summer and Christmas parties. You will also work closely with the People team assisting with key People team processes as well as providing a little admin and project support.
Reports to: Office Manager
Location: East London, UK
Contract Type: up to 6 months (intern)
Working Hours: Full time (9.00am to 5:30pm, Mon – Fri) although some flexibility is required given the nature of a Front of House/Office Support/Events focused role.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Front of House activity, ensuring the office runs super smoothly and all Unrulies and external visitors are always happy. Be the culture king/queen for the UK office and provide exceptional support to the People team.
Your duties will involve (but are not exclusive to):
- Being the face of Unruly HQ’s Front of House, greeting/signing in guests.
- First port of call for any internal/external queries and visitors
- Answering calls, taking messages, replying to email queries from stakeholders
- Support on external events – setting up and hosting
- Responsible for daily deliveries of breakfast and other regular deliveries
- Responsible for Hive members wellbeing in the office
- Signing for parcels, sending parcel emails and handing out post.
- Arranging couriers, post distribution and taxis.
- Keeping an eagle-eye out to ensure things within the office run smoothly.
- Creating door access cards for new employees
- First point of contact for any maintenance issues in HQ
- First point of contact for the Whitechapel Building
- Joint ownership of the work experience process
- Planning of monthly social events and the summer and Christmas party
- Assisting People team with routine admin (including the week a head, panda props, stand up etc)
About the Role: Key Relationships
- People Team
- Group Legal and People Team Director
- A team of interns who support Front of House
- Unruly employees (particularly our Sales Team)
- External clients, guests and suppliers
- Whitechapel Building team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Previously delivered superior service in a customer-facing role (in any industry).
- Experience answering phones with an excellent telephone manner.
- Dealt with a variety of stakeholders (from delivery people to important clients/senior managers), and you have adapted your approach to their needs.
- Previously solved problems in real-time, created work-arounds, and improved processes to prevent issues happening again in the future.
- Experience in leading and managing processes
About You: Skills
You must be:
- An Intermediate to Advanced user of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs).
- A fluent English speaker, with strong spelling and grammar.
- A confident communicator, able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels verbally, via email or over the phone.
- Relentlessly positive with the ability to make Unrulies, The Hive and guests feel welcome.
- A skilled multi-tasker, able to prioritise incoming requests and think on your feet about the most effective way to address these.
- An expert at anticipating eventualities – always one step ahead and looking to minimise business disruption.
- Neat and organised with high attention to detail – able to ensure events and meeting spaces are set-up to a high standard.
- Able to make best friends with a whole host of Unruly suppliers; from the Plumber and Handyman to the Postman and Couriers.
- Practical and logical – You know how to change a lightbulb and can work out how to fix the coffee machine if it’s having a bad day.
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Professional – always providing superior levels of customer service, representing Unruly, and able to identify senior stakeholders.
- Super friendly and personable – able to be the ‘face’ of Unruly for all visitors to Front of House.
- Flexible – able to respond to ad-hoc requests and ready to turn your hand to anything.
- Organised – able to identify and prioritise tasks and ensure they are completed.
- Motivated – you love what you do, and are passionate about doing a great job on all tasks.
- Someone who takes the initiative – always on the lookout for things which need doing, providing progress updates to stakeholders when required, rallying together the Interns to complete Front of House duties, suggesting process improvements and ensuring the wheels keep turning!
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts.)
The Wow Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Love a bit of health & safety.
- Are passionate about digital video, social media and online culture.