WANTED: Proven, ambitious sales leader who can drive video advertising revenues from the programmatic buying community in the US. We are looking for a sales leader with great contacts and plenty of frontline experience of programmatic trading with both client and agency desks. You will spearhead Unruly’s US relationships with the ATD’s of each of the major ad agency groups. Specifically, you will use UnrulyX – the viewable video SSP – to create compelling programmatic deal structures and packages for media buyers. This includes packaging the best-in-class publisher websites and audiences that are available on UnrulyX – including News’s O&O – along with Unruly’s data and optimization capabilities into long term open, private and preferred deal types. You will understand how best to represent the UnrulyX inventory on the ATD’s buying platform of choice and enjoy running the deals so that they convert from spend targets to realised revenue. The role requires that you work closely with key Unruly product stakeholders to inform the development of UnrulyX so that it continues to be highly valued and desirable to the programmatic buying community. You will also work closely with Unruly’s award-winning sales team to help navigate the programmatic trading requirements of our existing customer-base.
Unruly is the ad tech company that gets videos watched, tracked and shared across the Open Web. Positioned at the intersect of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues. With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 90% of Ad Age 100 brands already trust Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set of 2 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. Viewability is 100% guaranteed to an audience of 1.35 billion monthly unique users across mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
Unruly was acquired by News Corp in September 2015.
To find out more, visit https://unruly.co
Reports to: VP Programmatic
Location: New York
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Highly competitive + aggressive performance pay package
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits including premium health care, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and a great place to work. We are a truly global organization, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world….not to mention our annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Drive programmatic video advertising revenue from by:
- Driving new business in new key account areas
- Supporting US sales team on programmatic deals at an account level
About the Role: Key Relationships
- VP Programmatic Sales, VP Sales & Sales teams (NY/Chi/LA)
- VP Business Development & BD team
- Programmatic Ops, Strategic Planning, Marketing and Solutions Engineering
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 5+ years digital media experience, 1-2 years working in programmatic
- 3-5 years client facing experience
- A network of strong relationships and an excellent reputation with key media agency and ATD personnel
- An advanced understanding of the programmatic video and programmatic mobile ad marketplaces
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of generating leads and closing new business
- Experience achieving goals and not fazed by targets or metrics
- Experience generating revenue against personal targets (and love smashing them!)
About You: Skills
You must be able to:
- Spot commercial opportunities, set up meetings with and present to key ATD personnel and clients
- Articulate the interplay between DSP, DMP and SSP clearly to generalist marketing audiences
- Understand the restrictions that come with today’s different ad serving software and formats and be able to work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to solve for them
- Have a good working knowledge of 3rd party ad measurement software especially in the areas of Viewability, NHT and audience verification
- Understand why a programmatic buyer would want to use one platform versus another and sell in the UnrulyX value proposition in that context
- Understand and leverage the broader Unruly value proposition, particularly around insight and data, to drive programmatic spend
- Communicate clearly and precisely both internally and externally
- Keep calm under pressure because you will be both a great leader and collaborator across the different Unruly business functions
- Deliver on a personal revenue number whilst helping the broader sales team reach their goals
- Prioritise and deliver above and beyond your day-to-day role
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- An exceptional communicator (written and verbal)
- A great listener and be thorough in your follow-ups to meetings
- Focused on accountability and not afraid of getting into the detail of the products and job to be done
- Gregarious: enjoy being part of the media industry and building relationships with clients and agencies
The Wow Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Set up campaigns in multiple DSPs (TheTradeDesk, DBM, AppNexus, Adobe)
- Have overseen significant programmatic media buying with Agency Trading Desks and PBU’s
- Well versed with the digital video ecosystem and the main
Travel within USA & occasional trips to Europe may be required for this role.
Don’t forget to tell us where you heard about the role! All applicants must be authorised to work in the US.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.