Director, Programmatic Sales EMEA – London
WANTED: An accomplished, inspirational, Director, Programmatic Sales EMEA to drive video advertising revenues from the programmatic buying community in EMEA territories.
We are looking for a Director, Programmatic Sales EMEA, with great contacts and plenty of at-the-coalface experience of programmatic commercial trading and Deal ID troubleshooting with both client and agency desks (ATD’s). We are seeking a candidate with the right mix of creativity and quantitative skills who thrives in a fast paced, target driven environment to lead and support sellers across EMEA. This role will fully lead and support sellers in EMEA to maximise Programmatic revenues.
You will have an outstanding track record of creating and growing very strong partnerships with media agencies and top clients. You will lead and support our sales personnel in programmatic revenue generation. Specifically, you will use UnrulyX to create compelling programmatic deal structures and packages for media buyers. This includes packaging the best-in-class publisher websites and audiences that are available on UnrulyX – including News’s O&O – along with Unruly’s data and optimization capabilities into long term private, preferred and guarantee deal types.
You will understand how best to represent the UnrulyX inventory on the ATD’s buying platform (DSP) of choice and enjoy running deal base so that it converts from spend targets to realised revenue. You will manage on a daily basis the Programmatic deal base, taking an overarching view, analysing and evaluating deal performance and spotting opportunities, making recommendations to sellers and ensuring these actions are delivered to drive and maximise Programmatic revenue opportunities. A requirement of this role is deep domain expertise around open RTB, buy models such as Programmatic Guaranteed and have a strong understanding of the video ecosystem.
The role requires that you work closely with key Unruly stakeholders (Commercial teams, Operations team, Marketing, Business Development), to inform the development of UnrulyX, so that it remains highly valued and desirable to the programmatic buying community. You will work closely with Unruly’s award-winning EMEA Sales teams to help navigate the programmatic trading requirements of our existing customer-base.
Reports to: Commercial Director, UK
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6pm)
Travel: Travel within UK & occasional trips to Europe may be required for this role
Salary: Highly competitive, plus performance based bonus
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits such as private health cover for you and your partner, a pension scheme, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme and season ticket loan.
Your Mission: Significantly increase programmatic video advertising spend with Unruly across London Media Agencies & top clients. Be seen as the Programmatic Video expert both internally and externally.
- Programmatic experience of 5 + years.
- Ideally held commercial roles at either an SSP / Exchange. DSP or ATD or significant Programmatic Media Owner.
- Demonstrable track record of growing Programmatic revenues Y-o-Y and managing a deal base.
- Extensive knowledge of the programmatic market and what this means for video advertising
- Management experience preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of MOAT, IAS, Nielsen DAR and DoubleVerify
- Knowledge of major video DSP platforms
- WOW: Fluent in another language
- NUMERATE: Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with a passion for gaining customer insights. Experience with and interest in advanced first party data targeting.
- LITERATE: Clear, consistent, persuasive and precise in both internal and external communication
- ORGANISED: Able to prioritise and deliver to very tight deadlines
- DECISIVE AND DELIVERY FOCUSED: Able to quickly form goals and aggressively execute against them
- TECHNICAL: Actively interested in campaign delivery and reporting technology. You’re keen to have your voice heard in product development
- PROBLEM-SOLVER: No challenge is too big to overcome
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Nothing slips past you. You always impress with your written word, presentations and proposals.
- CONFIDENT: You love presenting and enjoy representing Unruly at external events
- ASTUTE: You have the ability to navigate many stakeholders in multiple organisations with different goals and agendas
- RESPONSIVE: Your service levels are second to none – nothing is too much trouble for you
- KNOWLEDGEABLE: You are able to help the Commercial team navigate the Programmatic landscape clearly and effectively. You enjoy sharing your vast programmatic knowledge with the team, and can explain buying models clearly.
- TRUSTED ADVISOR: Able to advise on best practices for programmatic internally (campaign set-up, reporting etc) and externally (the role of video in the ecosystem) . You are the regional programmatic leader and expert in the UK
- AMBITIOUS: You’re on track to become an industry leader in one of the most exciting and fastest growing areas of digital
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: You understand client challenges and are able to use Unruly’s products to solve them
- ACCOUNTABLE: You thrive in a target driven environment
- DRIVEN: Constantly seeking self improvement
- GREGARIOUS: You love being part of the media industry and building relationships with clients and agencies
- COMMUNICATOR: You’re able to effectively communicate complex media solutions to agencies and clients who may be unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the space.
- ADAPTABLE: Able to deal confidently with a fast developing and complex industry
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDER: You build strong working relationships internally and externally
- RESPECTED: You are a positive, inspirational team leader
- CALM: You are not phased by pressure
Education & Qualifications
- Honours–level degree from a leading University
If you, or anyone you know, are interested in this role please reach out to [email protected]!