Client Partner Lead – London
WANTED: Highly entrepreneurial sales lead to lead the global partnership with a book of key global clients of Unruly. The person we are looking for will match commercial acumen with a passion for the technology that is driving the video advertising market. You’ll be highly skilled in making technology solutions simple for brands and their agencies and will be interested in social media, technology and research.
In this role you’ll lead the revenue development of the client revenues through great influencing and collaboration with other Unruly stakeholders. You will be working closely with all Unruly teams to ensure that we deliver to expectation and beyond. You will think creatively about the commercial partnerships we need to evolve as we deliver the Unruly product set across new markets, and scale our capacity to meet the client’s demands.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
Identify and share best practice in terms of super serving these clients. Using the lessons learned and successes earned to push this through the Unruly organisation to drive revenue and opportunity. Being the tip of the spear to coordinate and assist wherever possible so that execution by the local teams is as effective and impactful as possible. Ultimate goal is to drive sustainable revenue and growth.
About the Role: Key Specifics
Global partnership / trading:
- Overall ownership of Unruly’s global commercial partnerships with key clients.
- Provide regular forecasts and updates to the rest of the business on your book of business.
- Manage the trading relationships with your book of business – share regular updates with client/agency trading teams, and work with Unruly’s internal teams to manage spend reporting and rebate accrual.
- Work with global client/agency teams to ensure success stories, new initiatives and updates are cascaded to relevant local market teams.
UK local market client/agency representation:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key local market UK-based client and agency stakeholders, to ensure they are kept up to date with regular updates to Unruly’s product offering.
- Pitch and close deals for UK and multimarket campaigns booked out of London, working with internal Unruly teams to create bespoke proposals that address client KPIs, targeting objectives and measures of success.
- Use Unruly’s full suite of products to drive revenue and hit quarterly sales targets.
Unruly local market support:
- Hold regular 1:1s with Unruly’s local market commercial teams to understand opportunities, challenges, revenue forecasts and support needed from the wider business on your key clients.
- Act as a Centre of Excellence for local teams, to ensure the client is serviced at a consistently high standard across all markets.
- Provide updates, training and support to Unruly’s local market commercial teams to develop and grow local client revenue streams, and ensure any new global initiatives are communicated effectively.
- Ensure Unruly has the formats, data products and media in place to deliver against client needs in each local market – work closely with local market commercial teams and Unruly’s Ops, BD and EQ teams to share market feedback and inform Unruly’s product roadmap, taking into account any market-specific variations that may be needed.
- Travel to meetings / presentations with local market clients and associated agencies where required, to support Unruly’s local commercial teams in key markets and open conversations in new markets.
Reports to: VP Strategy
Location: Aldgate (London, UK)
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (9.30am to 6pm, Mon – Fri)
Salary: Highly competitive plus bonus
Location: Aldgate (London, UK)
Benefits: Private health for you & your partner, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme & season ticket loan. There are monthly socials, weekly deliveries of muffins, beer, and fruit!
About the Role: Key Relationships
- VP Strategy
- President US, CRO APAC
- Global CMO
- Global local market business heads (Commercial Director/Country Manager)
- Heads of BD, Operations, Insight/Data and Finance
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Self-motivated – it is critical that you are able to influence and gain trust with both client contacts and Unruly stakeholders
- Inspirational – inspiring confidence in the client and the high quality delivery capability and expertise that underpins it
- Confident – calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines, on own initiative, and with limited supervision; confident escalating business critical issues internally/externally
- Analytical – able to think analytically, solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions in a cool, calm and collected manner
- A superb communicator – with the ability to effectively liaise with different teams, both internal and external
- Flexible – able to deal confidently with fast developing and complex market conditions
- Exceptionally motivated – constantly seeking self-improvement
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours–level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
- Travel within UK & occasional trips to Europe may be required for this role.