Engage with prospective supply partners, onboard them to the UnrulyX platform and negotiate terms that are beneficial to Unruly in terms of rates and representation. Learn the Format Configuration technicalities and trouble-shooting process, to support the UK teams supply acquisition Meet quarterly targets of premium, out-stream inventory supply. This will be specific to the UK market, in terms of both publisher location and user IP’s.
WANTED: We are looking for a passionate and diligent BD enthusiast to join the Unruly team in London and help grow and maintain our network of priority, mid- and long-tail publisher partners. You will be representing Unruly in key out-stream inventory supply conversations within both acquisition and ongoing account management scenarios. In the former, you will be identifying, contacting , pursuing and negotiating with national and, where required, international publishers that add both scale and quality to our media mix. You will be able to effectively communicate Unruly’s publisher value proposition with confidence and clarity, driving preference for UnrulyX, Unruly’s viewable video SSP. In the latter, you will deliver a grade A service level to a subset of our existing publisher base. You will be proactive in troubleshooting any technical issues as well as providing valuable insight that will help maximize your publishers’ and, by extension, Unruly’s revenues. You will be our conduit throughout the publisher lifecycle, remaining cordial, visible and responding promptly and in detail to all queries and requests.
Reports to: VP Business Development EMEA
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6pm)
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Private health for you & your partner, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan. We have many social events, summer and winter hours, daily deliveries of yummy breakfast treats, Friday beers and snacks and a bi-annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Engage with prospective supply partners, onboard them to the UnrulyX platform and negotiate terms that are beneficial to Unruly in terms of rates and representation.
- Learn the Format Configuration technicalities and trouble-shooting process, to support the UK teams supply acquisition
- Meet quarterly targets of premium, out-stream inventory supply. This will be specific to the UK market, in terms of both publisher location and user IP’s.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- UK BD team, Supply & Demand
- UK Commercial teams
- UK Operations team
- Global Product Development team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Graduate level degree and/ or up to 1 year of digital sales experience
- Interest in generating leads and closing mid-tier and long tail publisher partnerships
- An active interest in Chrome Dev Tools – inspecting, as well as reading and configuring JaSon files.
- An understanding of the Digital ecosystem and programmatic landscape
- Experience achieving group goals and not fazed by individual targets
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to spot opportunities and set up meetings with key publisher personnel
- Able to present confidently and effectively to small groups of people
- A good communicator – clear, consistent and precise both internally and externally (emails, phone, face-to-face)
- Able to demonstrate a keen eye for detail and quality control, articulate problems and solutions, and analyse and report upon data
- Calm under pressure
- Able to juggle deadlines, dependencies, roadblocks and manage multiple stakeholders
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Ambitious: Wanting to create a career in one of the most exciting and fastest growing areas of social media
- Persuasive: Understanding of publisher challenges and able to explain how Unruly’s solutions will be advantageous
- Accountable: Not afraid of working to targets and willing to demonstrate that you are willing to deliver against personal KPIs (meetings, etc)
- Conscientious: Goes the extra miles for publishers, promptly handling all queries clearly and in detail
- Analytical: An eye for drawing out valuable, actionable insight from a variety of extensive data sources
- Self-critical and open: Aware of own inadequacies and skills shortfalls and willing to seek out advice and training from wider team
- Receptive: Good naturedly accepting of feedback and committed to actioning improvement recommendations from senior team members
- Collaborative and team-oriented: Happy to work closely and build strong relationships with local and global colleagues
- Communicator: Builds strong working relationships internally and externally
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have direct experience in Programming, and RTB/ Programmatic environments
- Experience using Chrome dev tools – inspecting
- Are comfortable using Terminal for running scripts
- Can read & configure JSON files.
- Experience with SQL and/or Splunk (Splunk is modern interpretation of SQL – both query databases)
- Deep domain knowledge of video ad formats, ad standards, and technology trends
- Are an excel wizard in both functionality and presentation
- Speak more than one language fluently
About You: Education & Qualifications
Honours–level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)