Agency Director – London
WANTED: Proven, ambitious sales leader who can drive maximum video advertising revenues across Programmatic and Managed Service from key advertising agencies, trading desks and clients within the UK market. We are looking for an Agency Director with strong management experience and high level agency contacts in the UK market. You will build and maintain robust relationships with key agency personnel, using Unruly’s video distribution (UnrulyX) and data offering (EQ, Real Audiences). The role will include presenting the Unruly value proposition, leading and managing an agency hub team, maximising programmatic revenues and getting under the skin of your clients and their opportunities and challenges.
You will have an outstanding track record of creating and growing very strong partnerships with London media agencies and top clients as well as leading and managing sales team and driving programmatic revenues. As Agency Director, you will articulate and finesse the Unruly value proposition to resonate in the UK marketplace and position yourself and the Unruly UK team as the thought leaders for video marketing.
You will work within the Sales team to maximise revenues from the agencies and clients falling within your customer list, whilst nurturing and coaching your team to exceed their targets.
Reports to: UK Commercial Director
Employment Type: Full-time
Working hours: Full time (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6pm)
Salary: Highly competitive, plus performance based bonus
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits such as private health cover for you and your partner, a pension scheme, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, and season ticket loan.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Develop a solid revenue stream from leading UK media agencies, exceed revenue targets on allocated agency patch and accelerate programmatic revenues whilst building and managing your team.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- UK Commercial Director
- Group Agency Director, (London)
- Sales and Commercial Team (London)
- Global Programmatic Strategy Lead
- VP, Strategy & Strategic Sales Team (London)
- SVP, Global Operations Director, London and Operations Team (London)
- Business Development Team
- Trading team (News UK)
- Commercial Team (News UK)
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Digital media sales experience 8 + years, including at least 2 years selling or in a Programmatic management role (with proof of your sales abilities)
- Management experience and be able to motivate people in your charge to exceed their goals
- A network of strong relationships and an excellent reputation with key media agency and client personnel
- Senior agency relationships-including Business Directors, Heads of Digital, Trading Directors, Programmatic Leads etc
- Previously sold into an extensive network of media agencies (incl Trading Desks) in the UK-looking for someone with experience across at least 2 of the big 5 agency groups
- An understanding of the video market and programmatic advertising and contacts at the major ATDs
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience generating leads and closing new business
- Experience achieving group goals; and not fazed by targets or metrics
- Experience generating revenue against personal targets (and love smashing them!)
About You: Skills
You must be:
- NUMERATE: Able to personally drive revenues from key agency accounts and help your team to meet their revenue targets
- LITERATE: Clear, consistent, persuasive and precise in both internal and external communication
- ORGANISED: Able to prioritise and deliver to very tight deadlines
- ASTUTE: You have the ability to navigate many stakeholders in multiple organisations with different goals and agendas
- RESPONSIVE: Your service levels are second to none – nothing is too much trouble for you
- TRUSTED ADVISOR: Able to coach your team on leveraging the Unruly value proposition to their clients, thinking strategically about their patches to deliver the maximum revenue
- RESILIENT: Able to navigate the change from a direct IO mindset to programmatic trading
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: You understand client challenges and are able to use Unruly’s products to solve them
- FOCUSED: You LOVE being accountable! Obsessed with performance and productivity measures (and know which levers to pull to improve them)
- ACCOUNTABLE: You thrive in a target driven environment
- DRIVEN: Constantly seeking self improvement
- GREGARIOUS: You love being part of the media industry and building relationships with clients and agencies
- COMMUNICATOR: You’re able to effectively communicate complex media solutions to agencies and clients who may be unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the space.
- ADAPTABLE: Able to deal confidently with a fast developing and complex industry
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDER: You build strong working relationships internally and externally
- RESPECTED: You are a positive, inspirational team leader
- CALM: You are not phased by pressure
The Wow Factor
We’d love it if you:
- Have a solid working understanding of the Programmatic landscape and what this means for video
- Speak more than one language fluently
- Have contacts at International arms of UK based agencies
- Love Salesforce!
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours–level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
- Travel within UK & occasional trips to Europe may be required for this role.