WANTED: We are seeking an exceptional Executive Assistant to support Unruly’s Chief Executive Officer. You will be a sharp and intelligent individual who is highly literate and used to operating at a 100% accuracy rate. You’ll have superb communication skills and be used to liaising with stakeholders ranging from VIP contacts to housekeepers (and everyone in between!). With previous experience as an Executive Assistant in a fast-paced environment you’ll thrive on multi-tasking and be able anticipate situations before they happen.
As Executive Assistant you will ensure the CEO’s day is coordinated smoothly and efficiently in a seemingly effortless fashion. You will be relied on to proactively plan and manage their busy schedule which will require top notch organisational skills. You’ll need to be a highly organised individual who is friendly, focussed and loves to be busy, operating at a 100% accuracy rate even with a very high volume of inbound tasks and an ever-changing list of diary requirements, travel bookings and ad-hoc requests. Additionally, you will enjoy producing highly creative presentations on PowerPoint and assisting with event management and ad hoc projects. Ideally you’ll have at least 5+ years previous experience as an Executive Assistant in a hyper-pace environment where you learnt to be totally discreet and comfortable with maintaining confidentiality at all times.
You’ll thrive on being able anticipate & plan for situations in advance and will need to have superb written & verbal communication skills, be used to liaising with varied stakeholders ranging from VIP clients & agencies, to our Front of House team.
Flexibility will be key. If you think you are an Unordinary EA, we’d love to hear from you.
Reports to: Global CEO
Direct reports: n/a
Dotted line reports: n/a
Location: Whitechapel (London, UK)
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (9.30am to 6pm, Mon – Fri)
About the role: Mission
- To provide a seamless level of support to the CEO, ensuring they are able to successfully meet and excel at their day to day responsibilities.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Global Executive Team
- EA to the Executive Team
- Other direct reports of the CEO
- Board members
- Exec members and contacts at our parent company, News UK and News Corp.
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 5+ years experience providing support at an Executive level
- Extensive experience providing personal and executive support at an Executive level, ideally within the online media / technology industry
- Previously managed international travel arrangements and multiple time zones, currency and language complexities
- Experience managing all correspondence, including sorting incoming mail and e-mails and prioritising and responding as appropriate
- Demonstrated experience managing a high workload amid conflicting demands
- Previously worked on your own initiative with limited supervision
- Experience supporting and organising team events, internal and external meetings (sourcing venues, managing attendee lists, arranging catering)
- Previously dealt with a wide range of senior stakeholders (internal and external)
- Experience managing multiple projects in both work and personal life (ie. au pair, housekeeper, etc)
- Examples of when you have thought ahead and anticipated needs before they arose
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritise and manage workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods
- A strong communicator with demonstrable writing ability, great verbal communication skills and excellent literacy
- Exceptional at relationship-building – able to to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- An experienced user of Google docs inc. calendaring
- Computer literate, with advanced Google Apps experience and advanced user of PowerPoint – able to create presentations, reports and agendas as requested
- Able to own and resolve situations from end to end (and anticipate them ahead of time)
- An accomplished multi-tasker – able to manage multiple executive and personal requirements simultaneously
About You: Behaviours
You must be:
- Flexible: Regarding overtime and out of hours working patterns
- Discreet: Confident dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
- Positive: With an ‘anything’s possible’ attitude and a willingness to help out in any capacity as and when needed
- Collaborative: With a willingness to help out in any capacity as and when needed
- Proactive: able to pre-empt and anticipate needs before they arise
- Confident: calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines, on own initiative with limited supervision
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent (School of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience working with Google Apps
- Have previously been an EA to multiple stakeholders in a media, technology and/or digital environment
- Have experience of a start-up culture
Some work outside core office hours will be required.