WANTED: Super Intern to join our busy Finance Team! Are you looking to take your first steps towards a long and rewarding media career? Do you want to work for one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the world? Do you want to see how the world of social media has collided with video to take online sharing to a whole other level? If you want to leverage these interests and launch a career, this could be for you.
As the Finance intern you will be responsible for tracking and reporting key information primarily related to our programmatic business and helping support the finance team across a variety of tasks. Programmatic is Unruly’s fastest growing revenue stream and one that we will be putting the most emphasis on over the coming years so this is a really interesting role.
You will be supporting the Management Accountants, FC & CFO providing them with programmatic figures, analysis and reports as required. You will be a key contact between the Programmatic, Operations, Sales and Business Development teams globally, assisting with tracking and providing data, running reports and investigating queries. You will become familiar with our revenue tracking systems knowing where to pull data from as required and completing reconciliations using Excel.
At month end you will be responsible for the programmatic revenue recognition end to end process.
You will also work as part of the Front of House team to keep our London HQ office running smoothly to ensure Unrulies love their workplace, and external guests have a great experience 🙂
Reports to: Management Accountant
Location: East London
Employment Type: 6 month internship
Working Hours: Full-time (Mon-Fri 9.30am-6pm)
Salary: London Living Wage
Benefits/Perks: Company Laptop, There are daily deliveries of pastries, fruit and other awesome breakfast treats, Friday drinks and lots of cool social events. We have summer and winter hours for 20 weeks of the year where we can leave at 3pm on a Friday, if all our work is done of course 😉 Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
Source and report Unruly’s daily programmatic earnings and be the main programmatic finance knowledge bod for the business.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Finance Team
- Programmatic team
- Business Development
- Front of house team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- A good level of numerical understanding (Maths GCSE A-C)
- Experience of organising and sorting large volumes of data
- Demonstrated interest in online media, advertising and creative industry, technology and digital marketing
About You: Skills
- Be fluent in English
- Be experienced with Microsoft Excel and basic formulas
- Be comfortable with large amounts of numerical data
- Have good attention to detail
- Have professional communication skills
- Be highly organised
- Have an analytical mind, questioning whether information makes sense
- Have the ability to work quickly and to deadlines particularly at month end
- Be comfortable owning the role and having some autonomy
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- A go getter – who can take the initiative to get things done
- A self-starter – excellent at organisation and calm under pressure
- Passionate – about digital video, social media & online culture
- Friendly – able to work in a team and open to new challenges
- Accountable – deliver your actions on time
- Determined – happy to continue to chase down the answer to a question
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
Have experience of the programmatic advertising buying and selling ecosystems