WANTED: We are looking for a self-motivated and growth-orientated Publisher Development Executive to join our global Business Development team and help build out our APAC publisher network and manage strategic partnerships in the programmatic space. As Business Development Executive, you will identify, pursue, and negotiate new partnership deals for Unruly across verticals such as tech, finance, women’s genres, lifestyle, gaming and entertainment. You will also identify key partners on both the supply and demand side within the programmatic landscape.
You will have a passion for video and publishing. You will manage all facets of Business Development cycle the including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management, and build successful long-term relationships. You will work at Unruly’s Singapore office and will be report to the Publisher Lead, Asia Pacific. Are you comfortable forging partnerships with digital publishers across online and mobile environments? Are you looking for a role within a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment? If your answer is “Hell Yeah!” then this could be for you.
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Highly competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Private health for you & your partner, mobile phone allowance and top of the range company laptop. There are company social events and weekly deliveries of fruit and snacks. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the role:
- Own and manage business development efforts across the APAC territory; grow the network of publishers, cultivate partnerships, evaluate needs, establish mutually agreeable terms and negotiate and close deals, across all Unruly formats.
- Maintain the highest standards of performance, revenue & technical relationships for all partners, investigating UX and metrics anomalies and collaborating with Media Solutions, Product & Partners as necessary to resolve.
- Online publishers and networks
- Programmatic platforms
- Global Media Team
- Global Sales and Operations
- Global Product Development Teams
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Strong can-do attitude and mindset breathing positivity and pro-activity
- Experience / Knowledge of the digital publishing landscape in Asia or, alternatively, a state-of-the-art willingness to learn and grow within that field of expertise.
- Demonstrated experience selling solutions to digital publishers and building relationships with key decision makers
- Previously identified key publishing partners
- Managed all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management.
- Negotiated deals with new publishing partners across multiple verticals
- Previously performed against business development targets
- Knowledge of culture, trends and innovation in the digital space
About You: Skills
You must be:
- A true team player.
- A strong communicator, well-versed in the art of sharing and communicating the right message to the right audience
- A skilled negotiator with keen interest with closing deals and working with publishers
- Analytical, able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyse and report upon data
- Able to prepare collateral and present value proposition on key publishers for sales teams
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and ideally have some experience with Google Apps
- Able to understand basics of digital product development and platforms
- Able to speak different languages of the APAC region & fully fluent in English
About You: Behavior
You must be:
- Confident – in escalating business critical issues internally/externally, able to effectively liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (sales, operations, publishers)
- Collaborative – happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a fast growth start-up environment
- Energetic – with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
- Customer-focused – with excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Dedicated – to delivering great service
- Organised – able to deliver campaign requirements to deadline and prioritize leads
- Team-oriented – with the ability to problem-solve proactively and deal with multiple priorities
- Positive-minded – Always seeing the glass half full and willing to create for the good.
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honors-level degree or equivalent preferred (relevant apprenticeship/job training or University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience or knowledge in RTB and programmatic environments
- Have led global relationships with premium publishers and large networks
- Have direct experience closing deals with partners in the video space
All applicants must be eligible to work in Singapore.
Having trouble with your application? Email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]