WANTED: We are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven and technically savvy leader to join the Unruly team in London spearheading our ambitious Growth team, executing our growth strategy and driving the business forward to meet our global revenue and operating goals. Growth oriented, you will accelerate Unruly presence and influence across multiple demand generating channels including key DSPs, local agencies and clients, driving preference for UnrulyX, Unruly’s viewable video SSP. You will identify, pursue, and negotiate new partnership deals for Unruly and work closely with our product and technical teams through integration and beyond.
You will have a passion for all things video and ad technology, especially polite, user-first advertising. You will excel at managing and motivating a highly skilled multi-functional team, aligning around a common vision and measuring success against clear KPIs. You will thrive in an experimentation mind-set, spotting ways to test and iterate a process or product to drive growth across the business.
As Director Growth – Americas and Europe you will manage all facets of the partnership cycle, from prospecting and initial relationship building, to positioning Unruly as the authority in video advertising and accelerating video spend. You are comfortable building relationships at all levels of our demand partners, from C-Suite to trading teams and account managers. You will constantly reaffirm Unruly’s position as a key strategic supply partner for those platforms and support Unruly commercial teams in their efforts to generate revenue via OMP And PMP channels with local agencies and client direct.
With your assistance, your team will influence platform partners to generate revenue and drive Unruly’s proposition into agency and trading desk clients. Your team will support technical integrations and investigation with programmatic partners and aim to resolve any blocker to programmatic revenue generation. Your team will also be responsible for ensuring the delivery, efficacy and success of Unruly’s programmatic product.
You will work closely with the Unruly Executive team providing performance data, analysis and commentary speaking to programmatic revenue achievement. You will support your team in the deep investigation of Unruly’s programmatic data, mining for efficiencies and opportunities to improve performance. You will translate this valuable data into actionable insights for the Commercial, Supply and Ad Operations teams and monitor its impact on revenue uplift.
You will be part of the Global Operations Leadership Team, ensuring collaboration amongst all team members. Operations must always keep abreast of market and business developments to ensure we have the correct resource and skills within the team to meet market requirements. You will feed into the Ops leadership team developments from your area of expertise and share knowledge freely.
The Unruly Growth team takes what we have, makes it work harder, makes it move faster and ensures we meet our ambitious goals.
Reports to: Chief Customer Officer
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus
Benefits/perks: Private health for you & your partner, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan. We have many social events, flexible working, daily deliveries of yummy breakfast treats, Friday drinks and snacks and much, much more!!!
About the role: Mission
- Accelerate Unruly’s programmatic revenue growth through building and maintaining collaborative, mutually rewarding partnerships with the world’s top DSPs and exchanges and supporting the Unruly commercial team to drive revenue from agencies and clients.
- Develop Unruly’s position as the authority in digital video advertising and a key source of premium, polite video supply at scale
- Remove any obstacles preventing programmatic revenue generation and ensure the business is doing all it can to achieve programmatic revenue targets
- Programmatic demand platforms
- Global Product Development Teams
- Supply BD Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 5+ years of experience working with DSPs and exchanges
- Demonstrated ability to implement a growth strategy including testing, analysis and refinement
- Intimate knowledge of the programmatic advertising ecosystem, video-specific a major plus
- Managed all aspects of the business development cycle, including strategy, partner evaluation, contract negotiation, deal‐closure, post‐deal implementation and ongoing relationship management
- Demonstrable ability to grow revenue through strategic partnerships
- Deep domain knowledge of video ad formats, ad standards, and technology trends, especially around RTB and programmatic media buying, with the business knowledge and flair to understand the threats and opportunities presented to demand and supply side players
About You: Skills
You must be:
- A skilled negotiator with a keen interest in closing deals
- Able to quickly understand and articulate technical requirements to support partner integrations and put together combined technical/commercial strategy
- Able to successfully collaborate across teams including product/tech, ops, marketing and sales to deliver valuable, long term partnerships
- Analytical, able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyse and report upon data
- Able to juggle deadlines, dependencies, roadblocks and manage multiple stakeholders
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and ideally have some experience with Google Apps
About You: Behavior
You must be:
- Strategic and analytical ‐ thinking through solutions to complex problems from a long‐term, ‘whole business’ point of view
- Energetic ‐ with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
- A superb communicator – in every scenario, with the ability to effectively liaise with varied teams and key external clients
- Decisive and delivery focused ‐ have the ability to form goals quickly, good at follow‐through and project management, both with own team and cross‐functional teams
- Highly organized ‐ approaches work in a structured and methodical way, ensuring that the plan gets executed in time and to expectation
- Self‐motivated ‐ it’s critical that you’re able to move the proposition forward with only “steering”; nobody will be writing your to‐do list for you
- Collaborative and team oriented ‐ happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a fast growth start‐up environment
About You: Education & Qualifications
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred or equivalent preferred (relevant apprenticeship/job training or University of Life also counts)
- Must understand the needs of our customer category (DSPs, exchanges, ad networks, SSPs) as well as their operating trading desks, agencies and brands
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience in RTB and programmatic environments
- Have direct experience closing deals with partners in the video space
- Sneak in to OpenRTB working group calls
- Have framed LUMAscapes in your bedroom
- Due to the global nature of this role you must be willing to work flexible hours on occasion
- Some travel will be required, both domestic and international
- All applicants must be eligible to work in UK
- We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!
- Having issues with your application? You can always email it to [email protected]