WANTED: A self-motivated and growth-orientated professional to help build out our US publisher network and manage strategic partnerships in the programmatic space.
As Business Development Associate, NYC you will identify, pursue, and negotiate new partnership deals for Unruly across verticals such as tech, female/male lifestyle, sports or entertainment. If you love media and content, then this is a great place to grow your career. It would be great if you have knowledge of how media companies work.
You will have a passion for social video and publishing. As Business Development Associate, NYC, you will manage all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management, and building successful long-term relationships. You will work at Unruly’s NYC office and will report to the US, BD Vice President. Are you excited at the thought of forging partnerships with digital publishers across online and mobile environments? Are you looking for a role within a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment? If your answer is “Hell Yeah!” then this could be for you.
Reports to: US Vice President, Business Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive salary plus bonus component
Benefits: We’re an AdAge best place to work! We have amazing office snacks, social gatherings, exposure to senior level executives, and more. We also spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the role: Mission
- Create business development opportunities across the US and wherever additional efforts are needed; cultivate partnerships, evaluate needs, establish mutually agreeable terms, negotiate and close deals.
- Manage and develop relationships with key accounts throughout the whole lifecycle – account vetting, onboarding, daily maintenance, and growth opportunities.
- Online publishers
- Programmatic platforms
- US BD Team
- US Sales and Operations
- Global Product Development Teams
- Global BD Team
- VP US Business Development
- Chief Strategy Officer
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Knowledge of culture, trends and innovation in the digital space
- Knowledge of online advertising
- Knowledge of video advertising
- 1-3years experience selling solutions to digital publishers and building relationships with key decision makers
About You: Skills and Behavior
You must be:
- Analytical, able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyze and report upon data
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and ideally have some experience with Google Apps
- Able to understand basics of digital product development and platforms
- Confident – in escalating business critical issues internally/externally, able to effectively liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (sales, operations, publishers)
- Collaborative – happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a fast growth start-up environment
- Energetic – with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
- Customer-focused – with excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Dedicated – to delivering great service
- Organized – able to deliver campaign requirements to deadline and prioritize leads
- Team-oriented – with the ability to problem-solve proactively and deal with multiple priorities
- Able to manage a network of content publishers and develop their revenue opportunity
- Able to develop strong personal relationships with supply and exchange partners
- Experience in onboarding new supply and exchange partners, working through integrations and contract negotiations and driving adoption of new partners internally
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred (relevant apprenticeship/job training or University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
Would be great if you had:
- Previously identified key publishing partners
- Managed all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management.
- Negotiated deals with new publishing partners across multiple verticals
- Previously performed against business development targets. Have experience or knowledge in RTB and programmatic environments
- Have led global relationships with premium publishers and large networks
- Have direct experience closing deals with partners in the video space