WANTED: Senior HR leader with deep experience of delivering innovative and effective people strategy across multiple teams and territories in a technology/digital media environment.
Reports to: Global SVP, People
Direct reports: People Team Manager
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time Monday – Friday 9.30am-6pm, although out of hours work is a reality of being in a global role.
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus
Mission for the Role
Your mission will be to:
- Bring Unruly’s People strategy to life on a day-to-day basis, as a senior member of the Global People Team to support integration, resourcing & recruitment, compliance and record keeping, policy & employer relations, reward & payroll processes, in order to find and retain our world-class talent.
About the Role
Unruly’s People Director will work in partnership with the global People Team and the Unruly Executive Team to evolve and deliver a world-class People strategy that attracts, retains and develops the brightest and best talent in adtech. Reporting to the Global SVP, People, you will have responsibility for Unruly’s recruitment, reward, L&D, culture & employee relations, people data & core HR process across the globe. The overarching goal and biggest challenge will be navigating the wider organisation through a fast-paced and ever-evolving industry, building resilience and ensuring the business is equipped for change while protecting our award-winning culture.
You will work with a high performance People team, who are trusted by the business as partners and advisors. The People Director will be a leader in the team with expertise, passion & (crucially) by walking your own talk, to engage them in your vision.
- Global People Team
- Unruly Executive Team
- Tremor Executive Team
- Finance Leads
You must have:
- 10+ years HR experience in a fast-paced tech/digital/media environment within the UK (required) and additional experience in other countries where Unruly operates (preferred)
- Experience managing through change; be it acquisitions or system integrations
- Extensive experience in talent management; especially with regards to reward and recognition, learning & development, performance management
- Experience with global employment law issues
You must be:
- Insightful of market trends with an ear to the ground of current news within the industry
- Comfortable navigating people data and providing insights
- Exude good commercial acumen with the ability to make business critical decisions
- Ready to support complex payrolls and benefits process with exceptional attention to detail
- A champion of diversity and inclusion, with an ability to identify further areas to enrich our diverse culture
- Passionate about recruitment and hiring processes built to hire only top performers
- Pragmatic with global holiday, absence, maternity, paternity, disciplinary, grievance procedures
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a fluid work environment and an unflappable approach to managing employee changes
- Self-motivated; able to define the task at hand and keep things moving
- Hands-on in maintaining a high-performance culture where recognition and career development are the reward
- Keen to lead and roll out L&D processes such as management training, coaching/mentoring and knowledge-sharing. You seek to embed development into the way we all work in order to scale the business
- Able to maintain a positive, clear and fun tone in all your written & visual communications. You have an ability to take HR very seriously, but ideally not yourself too seriously
You must be:
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, determined to get facts, figures, numbers, contracts, spelling etc close to perfect
- Diplomatic, tactful with good negotiation skills and able to deal with difficult situations
- Absolutely brilliant at building warm, trusting relationships with people in a work environment
- A natural communicator who seeks to share knowledge and insight within the team & where this facilitates progress or supports business goals…
- …. and the kind of natural communicator who knows when information is confidential or otherwise sensitive. You can also be totally discreet when needed
- On a quest to surface improvements by planning ahead with your team leads, making the People Team more effective and less reactive
- Happy to collaborate, explain your ideas and show your working. You prefer to work with consideration and empathy within an ego-free team and you’re not an individual glory-hunter
- A juggler, plate-spinner and gear changer (while riding a unicycle, preferably)
At Unruly we believe wholeheartedly in the value of diversity and inclusion, and put both at the very core of our business. The varied experiences and ideas of our people are ingrained in our innovative culture and ensure Unruly is a business that understands a diverse market and delivers wow for everyone! “We encourage people to come as you are and love what you do. We embrace inclusion and diversity by celebrating our differences. With a flat structure and ego-free teams everyone’s opinions and ideas matter” – Norm Johnston, Unruly CEO.
There may be some international travel required for the role.
Does this sound like you?