WANTED: An enthusiastic, organised, Excel-proficient freelancer to deliver Unruly survey projects. This is a junior/entry level role for those who require ad-hoc or part time work. You will work from the Unruly London office in East London where training will be provided for all tasks required. Due to the training required, you’ll need to be available for at least 3 times per week for a minimum of 9 months.
In this role, you’ll be supporting the Data and Insights team in all sorts of ways across all sorts of functions – from setting up surveys to compiling reports. These products are data driven research tools, and as such you will need to have a keen eye for detail, be confident with Powerpoint, data and Excel. This is a fast-paced and challenging role, and an outstanding opportunity to make your mark in the world’s most forward-thinking social video company. If you feel ready to join a dynamic team within a cool company with a proven business model, we’d love to learn what makes you Unruly.
Reports to: Projects Director
Location: East London
Employment Type: Freelance (you will invoice Unruly)
Working Hours: As required, by project. Need availability minimum 3 days per week
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive hourly rate
Benefits: There are quarterly socials, weekly deliveries of muffins, beer, and fruit. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
- Support the rapid roll-out of Unruly survey products, pitching in where needed to consistently exceed client expectations, particularly through producing sensational reports, processing data and creating fabulous collateral.
About You: Experience
- Familiarity with Excel and Powerpoint, experience working with data or a degree with an analytical focus
- Experience communicating complex ideas and conclusions in a clear and meaningful way that people from all functions can understand
- Worked with databases or spreadsheets
About You: Skills
- Able to understand data and describe patterns in results, with an eye for detail and results that seem out of place
- Computer literate, with Excel and PowerPoint competencies
- Able to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and work well under tight deadlines
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional at relationship-building; able to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
About You: Behaviour
- Flexible – able to deal confidently with ad-hoc requests from within the business
- Proactive – quick to spot opportunities for excellent service and act on them, and able to spot potential pain points, and take early action to avoid them
- Confident – calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines, on own initiative with limited supervision
- Analytical – able to think analytically, solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions in a cool, calm and collected manner
- A superb communicator – with the ability to effectively liaise with different teams
- Discreet – confident dealing with confidential material and trade secrets
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent (School of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience delivering and reporting against research products, particularly panel based solutions
- Understand code and scripting languages
- Have experience working in a dynamic culture
- Have experience with survey software tools