WANTED: Positioned at the intersect of the three fastest-growing trends in digital advertising – programmatic, video and mobile – Unruly is a high-growth tech company seeking passionate people committed to delivering wow for top brands and their agencies. Unruly’s technology enables advertisers to algorithmically predict content shareability and programmatically target super-sharers across In-Page, In-Stream, Vertical Video, and In-Article ad formats, with guaranteed viewability, shareability and brand safety across desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
The Unruly Strategic Planning team is responsible for managing existing partnerships and building on a foundation of campaign strategy and implementation. We’re looking for a Strategic Planner to join and collaborate with our global team and play a key role in the Americas Operational success. Reporting into our Director, Strategic Planning, you will work with the Sales, Business Development, Operations, and Marketing Teams to successfully manage our direct publisher partnerships & programmatic technology platforms, to assist in the strategic planning of all of our direct demand campaigns.
As a Strategic Planner, you will serve as an internal advocate and spokesperson for the Unruly network on availability of inventory, ad formats and targeting capabilities.
- Partnership management responsibilities include: assisting in daily RFP strategic analysis and execution, pre-sale cross-team collaboration of Unruly collateral, quarterly spend & technology reviews with all 3rd party partnerships; and periodical refresher training with Sales & Ops teams.
- Performance metric responsibilities include: margin analysis and buy/sell-side pricing recommendations; analysis of partner margins; and media partner performance on transparency/viewability/audience targeting.
- Support Director with brainstorming creative solutions for client needs and designing sales and insights decks
Reports to: Director, Strategic Planning & Marketing Manager
Location: 1211 Avenue of The Americas, New York
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (9am to 6pm, Mon – Fri)
Benefits: Unruly offers a full suite of world-class benefits including premium healthcare, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance. We’re a truly global organization, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world….not to mention our annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Ensure Unruly’s Sales and delivery teams have accurate data and information on all Unruly commercial relationships with large scale media vendors, create successful proposal solutions, provide informative and worthwhile insight into the marketplace for sales to gain confidence in product positioning, and strategically manage and build upon partnerships with new and existing media networks across North America (from technical integration to commercial negotiation).
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Global Operations team
- US Sales Team (NYC, Chicago, & Los Angeles)
- Global Strategic Planning Team
- Marketing Team
- Business Development Teamt
- Finance Team
- Third Party Media Partners
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Ability to prepare strategic media plans for incoming proposals to achieve client goals and Gross Profit Margin.
- Become an Unruly product expert and an information source for all departments.
- Experience in capacity modeling around inventory avails.
- Keen interest in maintaining accurate details around sales demand, campaign flight dates and revenue.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the Programmatic ecosystem
- Ability to analyze and understand the programmatic campaign lifecycle
- Basic understanding of common operational requirements involved in launching online media campaigns.
- Experience managing large publishing & technology partners, contracts and integrations.
- An excellent writer and communicator, able to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with internal and external stakeholders.
- An effective project manager, able to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and work well under tight deadlines.
About You: Skills
You must be:
- A swift decision maker, able to confidently deliver strategic solutions in a rapidly growing and changing business & marketplace.
- An Intermediate to advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce and Google Apps.
- An effective project manager, able to manage projects independently, prioritize multiple tasks and work well under tight deadlines. Able to effectively communicate internally and externally; whether it be face to face, over the phone, and/or via email.
- Analytical – able to dive into data and create strategic & actionable insight from it.
- Passion to learn – there is so much happening at Unruly across every aspect of the business. This position requires you to engage across multiple teams and understand what they are working on and goals they are striving towards.
- A Numbers Person – Along with the strategy and relationship side of the business, this position requires familiarity with number crunching and analysis. Calculating CTR, CPV, CPE, and basic Media KPIs are day to day responsibilities.
About You: Behavior
You must be:
- Proactive – going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure internal departments & external partnerships have a positive experience when working with the Strategic Planning Team.
- Collaborative – able to work effectively with multiple departments on a global level.
- Adaptable – able to flourish in a rapidly growing and changing company & marketplace.
- Organized – able to manage a variety of tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining structure.
- Detail-oriented – able to produce accurate and complete documents to a professional standard.
- Intuitive – Ability to make educated decisions on projects without being given direct guidance.
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have previous experience working in a Media Agency or publisher setting.
- Experience working in Sales/Media Planning platforms Mediaocean-Prisma, Operative, AppNexus,Salesforce, etc.
- Experience working with Sellers and helping achieve company revenue goals.
- Are able to identify process issues and suggest solutions for improvement.
- Have enriched digital experience with 3rd party vendors including: Moat, Nielsen, comScore, DoubleVerify, and IAS.
- Have working knowledge of comScore 250 inventory, Nielsen DAR, IAB/MRC Viewability, and Brand Safety.
- Have experience in buying and performance optimizing campaigns via open close RTB and Private Marketplaces.
- Have experience in media buying and campaign delivery via DSPs and Exchanges through to SSPs.
- Have experience in delivering digital campaigns across multiple platforms.
Unruly is the ad tech company that gets videos seen, shared and loved across the Open Web. Positioned at the intersect of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues.
With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 90% of Ad Age 100 brands have already used Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set of 2 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. Viewability is 100% guaranteed to an audience of 1.44 billion monthly unique users across mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
UnrulyX is the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
Unruly employs 200 people across 15 offices, with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore.
Its super power is emotional ad tech. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow. Unruly was acquired by News Corp in September 2015.