WANTED: We’re looking for a brilliant Insight & Solutions Director to head up our strategic data solutions for top clients in Germany. Our clients look to us to provide data-driven, authoritative research to drive up the performance of their online video campaigns through a better understanding of their customers, ad creatives and ad contexts. Working across our whole data and insights team (Unruly EQ), you will decipher, deliver and augment the stories that lie at the heart of our various data sources, to create unique data and insight solutions for our most important clients. This is a highly client facing role, fit for a true thought leader and conference presenter extraordinaire.
Reports to: VP, Insight & Solutions (London)
Direct Reports: 2
Location: Hamburg; some travel abroad may be required.
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time. We have Summer and Winter Fridays to extend your weekend.
Salary: Competitive plus bonus
Benefits: Daily breakfast, weekly Friday Beers, monthly in-house therapist massages & frequent company social events! We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus, we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web – and playing Ping Pong, Playstation and Darts!
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Own our insight and solutions work in Germany, working with our MD Germany to create and – with your team – execute against innovative data projects to support our commercial agenda.
- Be a client-facing, consultative data storyteller, bringing the UnrulyEQ toolset and capabilities together to strengthen our relationships with our key clients.
- Create proprietary audience solutions for clients, including using new technologies and partnerships as appropriate
- Determine how Unruly insight can add value to key clients, specifying and delivering custom analyses and projects where needed
- Create and build studies in collaboration with Universities or similar to deliver proof points for core business products
- Build and strengthen relationships with key clients (brands and agencies), driving incremental revenue
- Design and deliver custom data and insight solutions for key clients
- Design, execute and present research to answer clients’ key questions
- Feed market intel and client requirements and tech/partnership opportunities into the UnrulyEQ team for development and optimization of our offerings
- Imagine collaborative data solutions for key client accounts including ingesting and augmenting their data with ours in the most insightful way
- Advise on distribution including audience targeting and media, format and content strategies for each audience
About the Role: Key Relationships
- UnrulyEQ Insight & Solutions Team (global)
- Wider UnrulyEQ Data Team
- Managing Director, Germany
- Sales and Account Teams – Germany and Nordics
- Marketing Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 5+ years of research and data storytelling experience, probably working in media or at a research agency
- Extensive client-facing experience, demonstrating the ability to present to clients at all levels, understand their needs and convince them of the value of products
- Solid understanding of data and measurement methodologies and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of digital, including emerging opportunities in the digital media landscape, particularly in terms of data
- Experience running qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Understanding of the programmatic advertising ecosystem
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Extremely analytical yet creative – able to draw out key insight from complex, and varied, datasets and tell stories with data
- An Excel wizard with excellent numeracy skills, ideally with good knowledge of one or more tools for deep data analysis
- A brilliant written and spoken communicator who can produce high-quality research arguments
- An excellent, charismatic communicator, both in presentations and in writing
- Knowledgeable about advertising and media, particularly in relation to audience data
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- A relationship builder – able to build relationships with key stakeholders and clients
- Adaptable – able to thrive in a continuously changing environment
- Able to “think on your feet” and spot opportunities as you go
- A team player – willing to get your hands dirty for the good of the team
- Calm under pressure – able to deal with high profile external clients and internal senior management in various situations
- Passionate – about consumer psychology, emerging technologies, digital video, social media & online culture
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in a field with a quantitative focus
- Fluent in both German and English, verbally and in written form
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Are experienced in using statistical software and/or programming languages
- Have experience writing articles for industry magazines and/or presenting at conferences
- Are recognised as an expert and have more successful research case studies than you can shake a stick at
- Have tonnes of programmatic ad tech knowledge
Travel to London and within Germany will be required in this role.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch! All applicants must be entitled to work in Germany. Please send through your application in English. Having issues with your application? You can always email it to [email protected]