WANTED: Exceptional individual looking to take their career to the next level in Technology. You will help us deliver first rate technical support across Unruly’s internal technology stack and we will help you develop the skills and knowledge required to support our infrastructure. You will join a diverse team of like-minded techies and play a crucial role in ensuring the stability and efficiency of our Global offices.
As an IT Support Engineer you’ll handle tech creatively, drive adoption of new processes amongst your fellow Unrulies and help to continually improve how we do things. You will respond to incidents and resolve queries through our support ticketing system and be the first point of contact for hardware and software needs. You will also escalate situations where necessary in accordance with Infrastructure support processes and will ensure all incidents are logged. You will likely already have 1 -2 years desktop support experience and looking to broaden your exposure to a new environment, or a recent graduate.
What matters most to us is your passion and aptitude to solve problems and stay on the cutting edge of tech! If you think you have what it takes to become Unruly we’d love to hear from you.
Reports to: Global IT Director
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 6pm (flexibility required)
Salary: Highly competitive base salary
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Support the Unruly internal technology stack to ensure a 99% uptime ratio whilst continuously researching and testing new ways to improve the technical environment, along with its frameworks and processes.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Infra Team (aka IT)
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Customer service experience
- Experience helping less technical people understand technical problems
- Worked on an academic or personal project where you can demonstrate an aptitude for at least one area of technology
- Minimum of 1 years industry IT experience
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Analytical – able to logically structure, present and retain technical information
- A superb communicator (written and verbal) – in every scenario, with ability to effectively liaise with different teams and external suppliers in a friendly and approachable manner
- A great relationship-builder: helping and supporting people whether in person or online should come naturally
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Flexible – Willing to get your hands dirty – this could involve anything from changing printer cartridges and shipping out the latest hardware to helping the Infra team solve complex technical problems. Available for out of hours, shift work and event support when required
- Curious – With limitless enthusiasm for technology and always striving to grow your knowledge
- Calm – Able to deal with people, not phased by pressure and able to think on your feet
- Collaborative – A team player happy to be hands-on where required and able to liaise with global stakeholders
- Methodical – Able to approach problems logically
- A troubleshooter – Able to look for and deliver resolutions to problems
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts!)
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you knew something about:
- Solving common desktop software issues
- Networking fundamentals required
- Professional exposure to Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac platforms at both a hardware and software level
- Administration of G-Suite and Office 365
- A/V systems and event support
- Systems management, monitoring, deployment and automation
- Workstation imaging and deployment
- Active Directory
- Hosting, backup and online storage
- Anti-Virus/malware management
- Inventory and software licensing
- Agile methodologies
Infrequent global travel. Out of hours work to support system outages and maintenance.